Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Y

Yea I am
Well your crab might be alright. Really depends on a few factors. Could also make cycling your tank much faster. Start feeding slow, if you are getting 0 ammonia after a couple weeks of feeding. You can probably throw a shrimp or crab in there. Then start adding more but do so slowly. If you start getting anything over 0 ammonia, don’t add anything else for awhile. The 2 months to cycle is for dry rock, cured ocean rock will not take that long.

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well your crab might be alright. Really depends on a few factors. Could also make cycling your tank much faster. Start feeding slow, if you are getting 0 ammonia after a couple weeks of feeding. You can probably throw a shrimp or crab in there. Then start adding more but do so slowly. If you start getting anything over 0 ammonia, don’t add anything else for awhile. The 2 months to cycle is for dry rock, cured ocean rock will not take that long.
New news, i have three hitchhiker crabs two confirmed porcelain crabs and one bigger worrying other crab

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You wanted crabs, these are free!
Feed them a little bit and check ammonia. Fingers crossed that this rock will cycle your tank fast! It is certainly possible. Live rock also has can have a lot of dying organisms that will cause a lot of ammonia. You will know in a week or two if your ammonia spikes or not.

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed them a little bit and check ammonia. Fingers crossed that this rock will cycle your tank fast! It is certainly possible. Live rock also has can have a lot of dying organisms that will cause a lot of ammonia. You will know in a week or two if your ammonia spikes or not.
Probably a good sign you have larger crabs alive though. That makes me think it is very fresh.

I never finish anythi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hermit crabs will be fine together. If you don’t believe me(hard to know what advice is correct!) I’m pretty sure 99.99999% of people on here that have hermit crabs, have more than 1. Never heard such a thing before.
Yea 2 hermit will be fine . Just put plenty of empty shells in for them .

death-by-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hermit crabs will be fine together. If you don’t believe me(hard to know what advice is correct!) I’m pretty sure 99.99999% of people on here that have hermit crabs, have more than 1. Never heard such a thing before.
O my bad, I have just had that experience with a small tank and was just giving advice

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added some nassarius snails two days ago and they buried themselves ever since and haven't come back up to the surface, should i be worried?
I don’t see mine for months sometimes. Look for them when you feed, they can smell the food and come out if they are hungry.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back