First Seahorse RO/DI system

BAMslam93

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2024
Messages
92
Reaction score
97
Location
Southern California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so I’m not keeping seahorses lol

But I haven’t seen much online about folks using the Aqua FX Seahorse 4-inline RO/DI and I wanted to see if anyone on here has had experience with one. It’s my first time using a RO/DI and chloramine filters and the instructions provided aren’t super clear on how to operate it and do flushes.
 
Last edited:
I’m not familiar with this particular brand of RODI filter but they all operate in the same fashion. You could look up the instructions for any other brand of filter and see if they have clearer instructions.

The only way to know if the filter is working properly is to check the TDS in the water before the filter, after the ro membrane and finally at the outlet of the DI resins.

Some filters come with an inline TDS meter and there are many inexpensive TDS pens that can be purchased that can be useful to check the filter performance. I think a TDS pen is a must have to know how the filters are working so that you know when to change them out.
 
I’m not familiar with this particular brand of RODI filter but they all operate in the same fashion. You could look up the instructions for any other brand of filter and see if they have clearer instructions.

The only way to know if the filter is working properly is to check the TDS in the water before the filter, after the ro membrane and finally at the outlet of the DI resins.

Some filters come with an inline TDS meter and there are many inexpensive TDS pens that can be purchased that can be useful to check the filter performance. I think a TDS pen is a must have to know how the filters are working so that you know when to change them out.

Hi Kris,

Thank you for the advice! I went ahead and bought a TDS and Ph meter from Vivosun and found my TDS is around the 200s (my water district reports 1.5 ppm average for total chlorine residual so it's a good thing I got the chloramine add-ons). I'll add inline meters to my wishlist for sure.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new