First Seahorse RO/DI system

BAMslam93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so I’m not keeping seahorses lol

But I haven’t seen much online about folks using the Aqua FX Seahorse 4-inline RO/DI and I wanted to see if anyone on here has had experience with one. It’s my first time using a RO/DI and chloramine filters and the instructions provided aren’t super clear on how to operate it and do flushes.

Last edited:

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not familiar with this particular brand of RODI filter but they all operate in the same fashion. You could look up the instructions for any other brand of filter and see if they have clearer instructions.

The only way to know if the filter is working properly is to check the TDS in the water before the filter, after the ro membrane and finally at the outlet of the DI resins.

Some filters come with an inline TDS meter and there are many inexpensive TDS pens that can be purchased that can be useful to check the filter performance. I think a TDS pen is a must have to know how the filters are working so that you know when to change them out.

OP
OP
BAMslam93

BAMslam93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not familiar with this particular brand of RODI filter but they all operate in the same fashion. You could look up the instructions for any other brand of filter and see if they have clearer instructions.

The only way to know if the filter is working properly is to check the TDS in the water before the filter, after the ro membrane and finally at the outlet of the DI resins.

Some filters come with an inline TDS meter and there are many inexpensive TDS pens that can be purchased that can be useful to check the filter performance. I think a TDS pen is a must have to know how the filters are working so that you know when to change them out.

Hi Kris,

Thank you for the advice! I went ahead and bought a TDS and Ph meter from Vivosun and found my TDS is around the 200s (my water district reports 1.5 ppm average for total chlorine residual so it's a good thing I got the chloramine add-ons). I'll add inline meters to my wishlist for sure.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back