First Small Frag Tank Question

bearjohnson

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 27, 2012
Messages
129
Reaction score
0
Location
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering using a 40b for my first frag tank only setup.

If I'm planning on only using it for frags and maybe one or two small fish, do you think I need anything more than a protein skimmer for filtration or do you think I should also include filter socks into the build?

Any help and comments would be appreciated.

Thanks!
 
So you're thinking there is no reason to use any filter sock?

I personally don't run them anymore in my tanks due to the hassle of changing them out. Use filter floss, use it and toss it. No real cleaning needed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new