First sps AI prime acclimation

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So im getting my first 3 acros in the mail here Tuesday. I ordered an Ai prime HD 16 to replace my current orbit on my Fluval 13 gal.
The light was supposed to be here Monday but it won't be here till Tuesday now.

My question is will the new acros be okay while I run the ai prime acclimation cycle?

My tank is mostly softees and LPS I got some frag racks for the acros to move them around in case. So just curious if that will mess up the introduction to the tank.

Screenshot_20201001-090241_Gallery.jpg

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will be fine. Don't over think this. Put the new corals in and run the acclimation program. Personally, I'd prefer to do the changing of light levels manually rather than trust some unknown program that doesn't know your tank or your corals.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I always introduce at blue lights only and release coral into a small pail and add tank water every 15 minutes 5x

OP
OP
Glass Algae

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will be fine. Don't over think this. Put the new corals in and run the acclimation program. Personally, I'd prefer to do the changing of light levels manually rather than trust some unknown program that doesn't know your tank or your corals.

That's what I figured. Also I would for sure do it manually but going from a current orbit to an Ai prime with out a par meter in unsure how to do that math to manually lower levels to what they need or should be

I always introduce at blue lights only and release coral into a small pail and add tank water every 15 minutes 5x

I usually do my dips in these 2 liter buckets and then put them in the tank didn't even think about introducing them with just blues on. My packages usually come with livestock start of my day time cycle.

I can Def see the advantages to not throwing them in under white light

Privateye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IME the Orbit Pro is a little more forgiving when it comes to settings. You can just put everything to 100% and you're all set. The AI Prime HD is going to cook your corals at max settings, so make sure you bear in mind that it's very powerful and review some of the cycles/settings posted on the internet. Many people post pictures of their settings, and you can download a couple from WWC too.

OP
OP
Glass Algae

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IME the Orbit Pro is a little more forgiving when it comes to settings. You can just put everything to 100% and you're all set. The AI Prime HD is going to cook your corals at max settings, so make sure you bear in mind that it's very powerful and review some of the cycles/settings posted on the internet. Many people post pictures of their settings, and you can download a couple from WWC too.
This I was aware of. Unfortunatley I don't have a pro loop it's the stock crap one. Yeah it does its job but it's just ****e.

I figured alot of my LPS would be a little shocked for a bit. I knew not to turn it up to max obviously, especially in my Fluval 13! But with my first sps coming the orbits par isn't going to cut it and is rather have the potential for over kill than reaching for the bottom rung constantly.

Also not gonna lie the pics are crap under this orbit. Maybe if I could aupp a t5 but I have no way to hang a light off the ceiling currently nor would I want to for a 13 gal.

Thank u for the schedule finding tips, I didn't know WWC had them! Figured that would be a R2R deep dive or post

OP
OP
Glass Algae

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to wake up the thread but I got this prime in hand now, curious how long I should set the acclimation mode for. A week? 2 weeks? A month? Any help?

OP
OP
Glass Algae

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a prime 16 hd over a 6g side frag tank. What are program do you plan on running?
since I had to hook it up tonight I ran with the BRS ABplus program at 50 percent intensity, while setting the acclimation to 50 percent over 2 weeks

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
since I had to hook it up tonight I ran with the BRS ABplus program at 50 percent intensity, while setting the acclimation to 50 percent over 2 weeks
That’s the program I use except my whites max out a little lower
D4EF33B7-0E0E-4582-842B-042D28DA9B11.png

OP
OP
Glass Algae

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank u running? Is me running my ab program at 50 percent good for a 13.5 tank?

Also is running acclimation at 50 percent of that 50 percent reduction for 2 weeks to much or not enough?

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank u running? Is me running my ab program at 50 percent good for a 13.5 tank?

Also is running acclimation at 50 percent of that 50 percent reduction for 2 weeks to much or not enough?
That program is lighting a 12”x12” cube 6g frag tank
Fixture is 9” above the water
96409F15-F76F-47E0-9AF0-3CF23620D72B.jpeg

OP
OP
Glass Algae

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That program is lighting a 12”x12” cube 6g frag tank
Fixture is 9” above the water
96409F15-F76F-47E0-9AF0-3CF23620D72B.jpeg

Hmm maybe I should lower the light then a little bit. I am sps and LPS dominant.

You think I could just 2 week acclimate uo to the 100 prevent of the ab program or I should stay with the 50 percent reduction in intensity. I am 50 percent acclimation to that 50 percent lowered intensity as well

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm maybe I should lower the light then a little bit. I am sps and LPS dominant.

You think I could just 2 week acclimate uo to the 100 prevent of the ab program or I should stay with the 50 percent reduction in intensity. I am 50 percent acclimation to that 50 percent lowered intensity as well
Lower what? The intensity or the distance from the water? I don’t think you need to lower the intensity. I’m getting 300 par at the rack and about 450-500 par 2” below the water

OP
OP
Glass Algae

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lower what? The intensity or the distance from the water? I don’t think you need to lower the intensity. I’m getting 300 par at the rack and about 450-500 par 2” below the water
I meant lower to the water service I was priba lt around a foot anf the spread was awful. I got the height dialed.

I appreciate all ur info sorry I am coming off confusing I'm confused myself so thats hindering my explication. Took me 6 months to understand my orbits completely haha.

Sorry and thanks!

Oh almost forgot for acclimation mode where the moon icon is when I set it and then turn it on after setting it for let's say 3 weeks. Is setting it to ON all I need to do?

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I meant lower to the water service I was priba lt around a foot anf the spread was awful. I got the height dialed.

I appreciate all ur info sorry I am coming off confusing I'm confused myself so thats hindering my explication. Took me 6 months to understand my orbits completely haha.

Sorry and thanks!

Oh almost forgot for acclimation mode where the moon icon is when I set it and then turn it on after setting it for let's say 3 weeks. Is setting it to ON all I need to do?
I don’t use the lunar cycle on any of my hydras. I would do 30% acclimation for 2 weeks

OP
OP
Glass Algae

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t use the lunar cycle on any of my hydras. I would do 30% acclimation for 2 weeks
No I don't use the lunar cycle either. It's just the acclimation mode is under the little moon icon. I set it to acclimate for 2 weeks and set it to on. Just can't tell if the acclimation program is running.

Privateye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, I need to keep an eye on this thread! I'm still trying to figure mine out after months. I ran it at like 80% intensity, got lots of algae, and bleached my SPS/LPS (just shrunk the hammer though). Ended up running at around 40% to keep the corals happy (downloaded the WWC settings) but they could be happier. Plus there's almost no white in the program I'm running, so my fish are blue. It's a 20 gallon. The LPS is happy now but the SPS is not.

Bear in mind that the Prime, Prime HD, and Hydra all have different outputs. The schedule for one will not directly transfer to another. That much I know!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 151 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%

Back