Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pics of controller and some polyp extention lol
1468647417890-1267375015.jpg
1468647462811-636480289.jpg
1468647483655-975895635.jpg
1468647417890-1267375015.jpg
1468647417890-1267375015.jpg 1468647462811-636480289.jpg 1468647483655-975895635.jpg

Fishwampum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the controller up and running since Wednesday. Did a bunch of updates and calibrated/installed the ph probe and temp prob. Turned on all the electric sockets and hooked up two pumps. All was fine until today when after doing an update the controller crashed with the log saying it had crashed with a java error and an inability to locate the SQLite date base to open it. That's where I am now. The MP-40 and MP-10, both are still connected to the power bar and are running.

Reefcowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the controller up and running since Wednesday. Did a bunch of updates and calibrated/installed the ph probe and temp prob. Turned on all the electric sockets and hooked up two pumps. All was fine until today when after doing an update the controller crashed with the log saying it had crashed with a java error and an inability to locate the SQLite date base to open it. That's where I am now. The MP-40 and MP-10, both are still connected to the power bar and are running.
Could you take a pic of the display? Does it have the message on the home screen?

OP
OP
L

lkoerkemeier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Fishwampum try just restarting the controller. I had that once as well and once restarted it was ok again. Just hold down the power button until the menu comes up and select restart. Then once powered down, unplug the power and plug it back in.

-Lars

Fishwampum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried the quit and restart with the same results. It has something to do with java.lang.RuntimeException:Unable to create service.control.ControlService:android.database.sq.SWLiteExceptions:unable to open database file

GarrettC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can any of you guys get firmware updates or do you have to register on site that still is not up yet ??

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lkoerkemeier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried the quit and restart with the same results. It has something to do with java.lang.RuntimeException:Unable to create service.control.ControlService:android.database.sq.SWLiteExceptions:unable to open database file

Maybe try to run the updater again. Like I said it's not a smart updater so you can run it as many times as you want. Maybe something went wrong on the update.

Can any of you guys get firmware updates or do you have to register on site that still is not up yet ??

Anyone can get updates. You just trigger it from the unit.

-Lars

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What updates are there to get at this point? Curious as to why people are updating their units?

GarrettC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone now when the cloud site will be up in thought it was on last Friday or today is what it says in booklet we got with controller??

GarrettC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I created a account yesterday and got confirmation number and get this message on anything I do
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page.
Please try logging in or logging in as different user Login or send a message to the admin

Reefcowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I created a account yesterday and got confirmation number and get this message on anything I do
Please try logging in or logging in as different user Login or send a message to the admin
No offense, but the always "it's on the way" reputation of this controller so far has to be upsetting some buyers so far. Why release it when everything is not ready for it?

Fishwampum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I talked to support this morning. Seems this is not a 24/7 real person support setup. They will be mostly relying on the cerebra.club site for administration of help. The person who approves access to the web page is not in yet, she has the weekend off. Once she is in you get verified by her and then you can access the site, cerebra.club. Even though you, like me, got approval via email to become a member.
My problem with a crash has not been solved. I was told this morning that the programmer and whoever else designed the controller box will be contacting me via phone today. That's all I know so far.
BTW, the person I talked to, Dave, was very nice and helpful with what he could do this morning.

Fishwampum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No offense, but the always "it's on the way" reputation of this controller so far has to be upsetting some buyers so far. Why release it when everything is not ready for it?
It seems that you are right on at first look or second look :)... and that is why the intro is reduced in price. It is not a release but a beta. No one should use this yet that doesn't accept that and what it means.

Fishwampum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What updates are there to get at this point? Curious as to why people are updating their units?
Cerebra has an auto update feature. It will list all that is new. Mostly 'stacks' and other 'inits' that would help a programmer but nothing in user language.

GarrettC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I talked to support this morning. Seems this is not a 24/7 real person support setup. They will be mostly relying on the cerebra.club site for administration of help. The person who approves access to the web page is not in yet, she has the weekend off. Once she is in you get verified by her and then you can access the site, cerebra.club. Even though you, like me, got approval via email to become a member.
My problem with a crash has not been solved. I was told this morning that the programmer and whoever else designed the controller box will be contacting me via phone today. That's all I know so far.
BTW, the person I talked to, Dave, was very nice and helpful with what he could do this morning.

Awsome did that says anything about cloud site being up today ?? This site still say coming very soon....https://cerebra-cloud.com

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 107 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back