First time Reefer TV glue and aqua scaping method

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone watched the First Time Reefer TV videos on aqua scaping with his glue? Instant bonding. Anyone tried it?

Getting ready in a week or two to order my rock (Real Reef & Caribsea) and plan to build my scape. the video from BRS uses an accelerator and gel glue, but this guys glue is thin, watery and almost instant bonding. He doesn't follow up with cement as he says his scape is strong but I plan to on any major join I think could weaken (branching out from main structure).

Just wondering if it is worth looking into this glue as it seems different that BRS glue method as it is almost instant or would any runny super glue work

part 1

part 2

Suohhen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The way that works has a lot to do with the fact that Marco rock fits together and is nice and clean and dry so it bonds well. I don't know how real reef compares but I personally always feel better when I support the structure with rods for that extra bit of insurance.

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The way that works has a lot to do with the fact that Marco rock fits together and is nice and clean and dry so it bonds well. I don't know how real reef compares but I personally always feel better when I support the structure with rods for that extra bit of insurance.
Yes. I plan to use rods on the heavier pieces and cement. But for smaller pcs, that glue looked good. I'll have to go to their fb page and ask.

corey904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone watched the First Time Reefer TV videos on aqua scaping with his glue? Instant bonding. Anyone tried it?

Getting ready in a week or two to order my rock (Real Reef & Caribsea) and plan to build my scape. the video from BRS uses an accelerator and gel glue, but this guys glue is thin, watery and almost instant bonding. He doesn't follow up with cement as he says his scape is strong but I plan to on any major join I think could weaken (branching out from main structure).

Just wondering if it is worth looking into this glue as it seems different that BRS glue method as it is almost instant or would any runny super glue work

part 1

part 2

Before building your scape I would recommend watching tidal gardens video on it and I’d recommend glue masters thin glue

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before building your scape I would recommend watching tidal gardens video on it and I’d recommend glue masters thin glue
I will do so. Thanks. I ordered some thin glue from BRS and accelerator so we'll see. Will check out tidal gardens!

Back