First Time Salt Water Tank.....

Eggyoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a external pump like that one but Panworld. I think they are all manufactured by the same company just labeled with different brands. It was loud and I think they are more of a commercial pump and not intended for quiet living area. Submerged pumps are a lot quieter because hey use water for cooling. Never owned a Vectra but they are known for silent operation. I have a Jebao DC pump and it's pretty silent but not as good as a Vectra.

OP
OP
Xathron

Xathron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a external pump like that one but Panworld. I think they are all manufactured by the same company just labeled with different brands. It was loud and I think they are more of a commercial pump and not intended for quiet living area. Submerged pumps are a lot quieter because hey use water for cooling. Never owned a Vectra but they are known for silent operation. I have a Jebao DC pump and it's pretty silent but not as good as a Vectra.
That's good to hear. Yeah the panworld and blue line are one in the same. After one night I was like oh heck no this will not work. Lol

Eggyoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was my thoughts too. The tank was in the formal room and I was thinking this pump has to go. I kept it running for about a year. The noise didn't go away. I eventually put the old mag drive back in and will never use a external pump again. I refuse to pay the crazy amount for Eotech. I think they make excellent product but they are charging too much.

serkel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice build. Very clean looking. For the pump I would run a vectra L1. I have 1 running my hole system (3 reactor and dual return on my 150g). The most silent pump I've owned. That's what made me change all my other pumps now I have 2 M1 and 1 L1. Well worth the money. Cause one of the systems is in my bedroom.

MmmmBalf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok after one night with the system running I have to make a change. The return pump is just to darn loud. Right now it is a BlueLine 70 just ordered a VectraM1 DC Pump from ecotech marine. Anyone run this ? Is it quite ?

I have the M1. I can stand in front of the tank and not even know it's running, I have to look at the water flow to make sure ;)

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You really may think about going with the L1 instead of the M1. If u add on future reactors and other equipment it would be more beneficial. With that size system I'd say you are pretty close to your max flow now with the M1

OP
OP
Xathron

Xathron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You really may think about going with the L1 instead of the M1. If u add on future reactors and other equipment it would be more beneficial. With that size system I'd say you are pretty close to your max flow now with the M1
Thanks for the info TJ, was able to get the call into Bulk Reef and get it changed just before they shipped it out.

OP
OP
Xathron

Xathron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok got the Giesemann 48" Aurora T5 Hybrid in last night. Now waiting on the bulbs to arrive:confused: also to the 2nd Nuvo 20 in for the coral QT. Looks like it is all a waiting game till after the holidays:(

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fantastic!! Wait to go with taking your time and buying quality equipment to start. I'm really interested in hearing about that Aurora hybrid. They look spectacular. I'll be following for sure. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions![emoji3][emoji106]

OP
OP
Xathron

Xathron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, the only thing that I have on in my tank is the return pump. It is a Blue line 70 pump the pump is very warm to the touch. Could this keep the water in the tank at 81 to 82 ? The house is kept between 78 during day when no one is home and around 76 /75 rest time. I just put a fan on the sump to see what it would do the water was at 82 dropped to 80 after about an hour of the fan.

I do have a new pump coming due to noise level to a Vectra L1

OP
OP
Xathron

Xathron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, got the new return pump in today Eotech Vectra L1. Looked at every way to take out the old pump and not make a mess. Put the plan into motion.... Great got the old pump out only a drop or two of water. Went to install new pump and needed a part(run to Lowes) while I was out Murphy Law kicked in and the cap I placed on the drain SOME how got loose and started to leak. Time I got back I had about an 1" water in bottom of pan. So that set me back had to find were my wife keeps all the extra clean up towels. (did not find them so plan "B"use the good ones:rolleyes:).

Now that's all over(until she gets home and sees the good towels in washer) install new pump and all I can say is WoW night and day the pump is silent, (that should make up for the towels ????;))

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL I use my family's good towels too when I'm in a pinch. A little sea water never hurt anything, right? [emoji6]

OP
OP
Xathron

Xathron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well with the new pump the water temp has dropped to 79.7 . Will see how it is holding mid day. Although 79.7 is still an improvement as to what it is at this time before 81.4 to 82.7. So lets wait and see.....:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Xathron

Xathron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK got the new light installed , downloaded the software, searched for Bluetooth connection(this is were it goes down hill) The PC picked up the light asked to pair clicked pair and tat was last time to get the light to show up in the menu. Anyone have ideas ???

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back