IMG_9662.jpg
IMG_9629.jpg

jgvergo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I notice that your office appears to be right next to the spot where the tank is slated to go. Kiss your productivity goodbye:D

NYCMAN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jerry - nice setup. I have ordered a very similar set up, including the exact sump and refugium that you have. It arrives from LifeReef on Thursday. Coincidently, I bought the same Kessil light for my refugium. I assume you got a hook and used metal glue to glue the hook to the bottom of your tank, of did you do something different?

OP
OP
Xathron

Xathron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jerry - nice setup. I have ordered a very similar set up, including the exact sump and refugium that you have. It arrives from LifeReef on Thursday. Coincidently, I bought the same Kessil light for my refugium. I assume you got a hook and used metal glue to glue the hook to the bottom of your tank, of did you do something different?

I used a SS hook that is screwed into the wood base below the tank.

RobertP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious to hear you talk more about your lifereef sump and refuge now that you have had it 9 months. Any issues with anything? I love my lifereef skimmer and just wondered about the rest.
How do you like cleaning out the filter pads instead of socks? I hate cleaning my socks so wondering if the filter pads are better. Any issues with the media cylinders?

NYCMAN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine has been up and running since the last week of June. Lifereef sump, skimmer, refugium, and 3 media cannisters. No issues. All is well. The system needed a few tweeks here and there - using stronger filter pads, re-positioning the refugium drain PVC in the center chamber so that drain water must pass over filter pad, etc.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back