First Time Salt Water Tank.....

Just adding some updated pictures today. All taken with my Iphone
IMG_9656.jpg
IMG_9662.jpg
IMG_9629.jpg
 
I notice that your office appears to be right next to the spot where the tank is slated to go. Kiss your productivity goodbye:D
 
Jerry - nice setup. I have ordered a very similar set up, including the exact sump and refugium that you have. It arrives from LifeReef on Thursday. Coincidently, I bought the same Kessil light for my refugium. I assume you got a hook and used metal glue to glue the hook to the bottom of your tank, of did you do something different?
 
Jerry - nice setup. I have ordered a very similar set up, including the exact sump and refugium that you have. It arrives from LifeReef on Thursday. Coincidently, I bought the same Kessil light for my refugium. I assume you got a hook and used metal glue to glue the hook to the bottom of your tank, of did you do something different?

I used a SS hook that is screwed into the wood base below the tank.
 
Curious to hear you talk more about your lifereef sump and refuge now that you have had it 9 months. Any issues with anything? I love my lifereef skimmer and just wondered about the rest.
How do you like cleaning out the filter pads instead of socks? I hate cleaning my socks so wondering if the filter pads are better. Any issues with the media cylinders?
 
mine has been up and running since the last week of June. Lifereef sump, skimmer, refugium, and 3 media cannisters. No issues. All is well. The system needed a few tweeks here and there - using stronger filter pads, re-positioning the refugium drain PVC in the center chamber so that drain water must pass over filter pad, etc.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new