First time salt water user in FL

Floyd-

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2021
Messages
990
Reaction score
745
Location
Fort Walton Beach, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had many small fresh water tanks over the year and finally took the plunge into salt. Its almost overwhelming but im excited! I have the tank installed and filters going with my live rock in there. Cant wait to add some coral and fish!
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Everyone keeps saying to test the water to find out when I can put fish and all in there. How do I go about testing the water without having a laboratory setup. All ive used in the past were the little strips and they sucked. I also think im going to just stick to getting my water for changes at the local shop instead of the whole RODI setup. It takes up a ton of space that I just dont have.
 
From a future Floridian . . . . . . . .

welcome20.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new