First Time Set-up

JEP1024

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have always wanted to do the saltwater tank so I did my homework from reading and reading and watching videos for some time now. This forum was a great help and I decided to get the red sea 350 G2. I finally got it all set up and added the Fritz turbo start. I am keeping the temp set to 78 and salinity set to 1025. I used the Carib Sea live sand and about 50+ pounds of dry rock and using RODI water. I got the reefmat and skimmer but not using it now since I just started the tank. My plan is to let things go for about 6 weeks with no lights. I will be adding pods next week and feeding them Phyto but thats it. I am in no hurry and my Hanna test kits are on their way. Was considering adding the Micro Bactor Clean in a few weeks but not sure. Does this sound like I am on the right path so far?? This is a pic of the rock work I did before the sand and water. Everything was glued and cemented. The aquascape looks way smaller than it is in the pic, but has a lot of bridges and caves.

Screenshot 2023-06-28 at 9.04.46 PM.png

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
#WelcometoR2R!!! There is a lot to like there with your setup. Congratulations on the new adventure!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi , Welcome to the reef... :)
Nice scape !!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 106 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.6%
Back