First Triton ICP Test Came Back today

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start using cuprisorb to remove the heavy metals, remember though, copper, and possibly other heavy metals will not be removed quickly as it will slowly leach out of the rock and sand.

OP
OP
onetootreefor

onetootreefor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why doesn't anyone want to suspect the marine pure blocks?
I can see them being the cause of aluminum, but the amount in my tank isn't my main concern. The copper seemingly out of the blue is very puzzlingly and concerning as I don't know where to begin to source the source. Also, the inanely high amounts of Tin are very alarming, it's almost like some piece of metal has to literally be rusting somewhere in my tank as I can't isolate any source of tin either.
Start using cuprisorb to remove the heavy metals, remember though, copper, and possibly other heavy metals will not be removed quickly as it will slowly leach out of the rock and sand.
I will start with cuprisorb today. I will do about 20% water changes every week over the next 6 weeks and send another test off to Triton to see if we have made any progress. I don't even have a copper test kit at home to test for copper. (even though I have absolutely every other test kit that is made).

I really want to reduce this tin and keep it gone. I bought some Triton Detox as someone suggested somewhere else to add to my water change water to prevent it from coming in that way, but id really like to identify the source.

OP
OP
onetootreefor

onetootreefor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started running MetaSorb on Friday, but I was running Detox for the 2 previous days. It says after using Detox for 3 days to run carbon. Does anyone know if it's ok to run carbon while using Metasorb? Also, I think my skimmer pulled out most of the detox. Not sure but it was definitely a much darker color similar to the detox color.

Omgitsjoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk how your aquascaping is but I used some "coated reef safe magnets" to hold some racks and rocks etc. After my triton results came back I had the same problem. Elevated tin. I looked everywhere and found the coating on one the magnets split exposing the magnet. needless to say the magnet was covered in rust. If you have any of those in your tank you may want to take a look there.

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started running MetaSorb on Friday, but I was running Detox for the 2 previous days. It says after using Detox for 3 days to run carbon. Does anyone know if it's ok to run carbon while using Metasorb? Also, I think my skimmer pulled out most of the detox. Not sure but it was definitely a much darker color similar to the detox color.
honestly I wouldn't. Detox likely binds the metals so that granular activated carbon can adsorb/absorb the particles. Metasorb may also adsorb some of those exact same particles but its much more expensive than activated carbon, so you want to "use up" your activated carbon FIRST and then use metasorb.

OP
OP
onetootreefor

onetootreefor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk how your aquascaping is but I used some "coated reef safe magnets" to hold some racks and rocks etc. After my triton results came back I had the same problem. Elevated tin. I looked everywhere and found the coating on one the magnets split exposing the magnet. needless to say the magnet was covered in rust. If you have any of those in your tank you may want to take a look there.

I have a total of 4 magnets in the tank...2x MP40, and 2x Gyre xf330. The Gyres are almost brand new (5 months old), and I checked the MP40's no cracks in the wet side and it's not swollen or anything. I didn't check the gyres as they are pretty much brand new but I will give them a look.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back