First Triton Results... High TIN HELP!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

gonefishin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. How bad is TIN 13 µg/l ?

2. Has anyone used media, such as Cuprasorb, to eliminate the TIN instead of WC?

3. If I did do 15% WC x 6, should I still do the corrective dosing on all other elements? Or should I wait to do another Triton Test and go from there. I'm thinking by doing WC I will be replenishing these elements, therefore I might be overdosing.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello ..I would wait with your corrective dosing till after your water changes .. I’m not sure about the cuprasorb . I just used the triton Detox ... so first detox .. then 6xwc then your corrective dosing then a triton test !

OP
OP
gonefishin

gonefishin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello ..I would wait with your corrective dosing till after your water changes .. I’m not sure about the cuprasorb . I just used the triton Detox ... so first detox .. then 6xwc then your corrective dosing then a triton test !

Thanks for the reply. Cuprasorb is supposed to bind with Heavy Metals so I was hoping of using that instead of WC.

In regards to corrective dosing after the WC and before the Triton Test, wouldn't I be potentially adding elements that will no longer be lacking since those elements could be in the new saltwater?

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply. Cuprasorb is supposed to bind with Heavy Metals so I was hoping of using that instead of WC.

In regards to corrective dosing after the WC and before the Triton Test, wouldn't I be potentially adding elements that will no longer be lacking since those elements could be in the new saltwater?
Triton calculate all that in when giving you your dosing help .. I’ve always just followed their advice .. I’ve never had problems with over dosing trace elements .. but for now I’d just concentrate on getting the heavy metals out your water .. the rest will fall into place ..

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before doing anything, you need to identify the source (screw on a fitting, hinge, mount, etc.) and deal with it accordingly. Once you've removed the source, I'd think the series of water changes would be an appropriate response.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before doing anything, you need to identify the source (screw on a fitting, hinge, mount, etc.) and deal with it accordingly. Once you've removed the source, I'd think the series of water changes would be an appropriate response.
+1 !!! I knew I forgot something !!! :confused:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back