First Wrasses in Tank; Acclimation Box Needed?

gunflintcamper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you use acclimation boxes for the first wrasses in a tank? I understand it’s mostly to let wrasses see each other?

We have no wrasses in the tank yet, and our first 3 wrasses have been getting along nicely in QT together. A McKoskers, a Christmas and a Blue Flasher. They finish tomorrow. Yay! Would they be stressed less just throwing them all in the DT at the same time?

Current tank inhabitants are a yellow and hippo tang, 2 clowns, 2 Bengali coral beauty and a lawnmower.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you use acclimation boxes for the first wrasses in a tank? I understand it’s mostly to let wrasses see each other?

We have no wrasses in the tank yet, and our first 3 wrasses have been getting along nicely in QT together. A McKoskers, a Christmas and a Blue Flasher. They finish tomorrow. Yay! Would they be stressed less just throwing them all in the DT at the same time?

Current tank inhabitants are a yellow and hippo tang, 2 clowns, 2 Bengali coral beauty and a lawnmower.
The only caution with the wrasses would be the two tangs but I have 5 and they went through no QT, no acclimation box and just plopped in. The two sand sleepers used the sand then came out the next day and the wrasse that sleep in the rockwork used it for shelter then came out 30 minutes later. In the same tank is:
- Magnificent Foxface (1st inhabitant),
- Spotbreast Angelfish (8th inhabitant),
- Blue eye kole tang (He was the fourth inhabitant),
- Black photon clownfish (Second inhabitant),
- CBB (third inhabitant).
The wrasses that went in in order are:
- Jade wrasse,
- Radiant wrasse,
- Cebu Lubbock’s fairy wrasse,
- Black Margin Fairy wrasse,
- Indonesian Lubbock fairy wrasse.
Everyone is doing great and the only wrasse not coming up to a year+ is the indo lubbock, the rest have been with me from a year to 8 months.
I put wrasse straight into the DT because IMHO QT and Acclimationboxes just seem to add unneeded stress on fish, I have two wrasse in my nano growing out and they aren’t stressed or showing signs of illness.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back