OP
OP
Firthy13

Firthy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
been a bit slack over the last few weeks. nothing exciting has been happening. cycled my quarantine tank with some of the media from my DT. cycle went through in about a week which was good.
i did a 100% WC on the main tank to try and give myself the best shot of a 'not so ugly', ugly stage.

I have also put two ocellaris clowns through TTM, lost one due to aggression i believe, he was only about 1/2" long and they weren't paired up. My fault, i should of known better. But the surviving one is now in QT for 2 weeks of observation. unfortunately here is Australia a lot of medications are only available from a doctor with a prescription. Prazi and copper are difficult to find at best. Metronidazole, Nitrofuracin Green, formalin and Chloroquine Phosphate are near impossible. So we rely on TTM and freshwater dips more then what we should.

OP
OP
Firthy13

Firthy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates? And how have you found filling up the ato?
I thought about this when i was putting together my water change station. I pump the water in to the chamber from the RO tank on my water change station through the hose i do my water changes with. I can fill the ATO section up in less the 3 minutes and it lasts around 5-6 days with current winter temps/humidity.
1592880179341.png

1592880209325.png

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow, I would think it would last longer than 5-6 days especially in winter, what temperature is it usually where you are?

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the moment 7-18C. But the humidity is very low. I also like to leave the windows open to allow air flow through the room so I don't end up with a mould problem.
Pretty chilly I think it’s 3-25 where I am throughout the day, Maybe it’s the airflow or the tank or the temperature who knows.

OP
OP
Firthy13

Firthy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I managed to get my two clowns through TTM and now they are just being observed in QT for a week or so. I have decided not use any medication as they are both eating well and showing no signs of anything, which is nice. I'm saving the very limited meds i do have for when i really need them.
Unfortunately i wasnt so lucky with my royal grammer. He appeared in great condition in the LFS, got him home and put him in to his first round of TTM the next day he was covered in raised lesions on his sides. I thought it may be flukes, i did a fresh water dip, but lost him the next day. I found out a few days later that the other 3 the LFS had at the time all suffered the same fate. Bit disappointed in myself i didnt catch it earlier. so at the moment i am at 50% success rate with TTM.
1594348499812.png

Also did a little tidy up of some cables and power brinks. Also mounted my Ekoral WIFI doser.
1594349417915.png

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good, sorry to hear about the gramma but if the LFS didn’t pick up on it and they’ve probably been doing it for years you can’t blame yourself entirely, your doing more than most

OP
OP
Firthy13

Firthy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my second attempt at putting a royal gramma through TTM has been much more successful. He is on to his last transfer before put in the QT tank for a week or so. While he was going through TTM, i also used General cure on the second and fifth transfers. He is eating Mysis sparingly, hopefully once in QT i can get him eating pellets.
The two clowns in the Display tank are going well, a 150G is a big tank for two sub 1in fish. Pics to come.

I'm still deciding what direction i want to go in regards to coral. The dream was always 100% SPS but with zero experience with keeping them, i'm thinking that may not be a great idea. I may start off with some digi and stags and see how they go initially.

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my second attempt at putting a royal gramma through TTM has been much more successful. He is on to his last transfer before put in the QT tank for a week or so. While he was going through TTM, i also used General cure on the second and fifth transfers. He is eating Mysis sparingly, hopefully once in QT i can get him eating pellets.
glad to hear its working well for you. Where did you find API General Cure in Australia?

OP
OP
Firthy13

Firthy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1596856970381.png

Set the Chiller up today in preparation for Australia's hell-like summer. Plumbed through the wall in to the Garage. Went with the Teco TK1000 with the new R290 refrigerant. Add a little insulation on the hoses that exit the wall.

Last edited:

nornicle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the isolation for? I have mine all set up but no pump for it... Australia is low on pumps haha

Lor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing your build, imbon the fence with this tank too.

do you notice bowing since the glass is 15 mm compsred to 19 mm?

midgaar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on mounting Radion lights using the light stands that attach to the back of the tank. With the back of the Cade being the ATO res and having a lid, will this be possible? Is the lid made of glass or plastic, can it be easily cut to accept some notches where the lights would mount?

OP
OP
Firthy13

Firthy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing your build, imbon the fence with this tank too.

do you notice bowing since the glass is 15 mm compsred to 19 mm?
There is the tiniest of bowing on the Front pane. But nowhere near as bad as what I have seen on a 750xxl. If I hold a straight edge up to the tank, there is about 1-2mm gap at the edge of the tank. Not noticeable and personally not worth worrying about.

OP
OP
Firthy13

Firthy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on mounting Radion lights using the light stands that attach to the back of the tank. With the back of the Cade being the ATO res and having a lid, will this be possible? Is the lid made of glass or plastic, can it be easily cut to accept some notches where the lights would mount?
It's anodised aluminium cover. Extremely easy to make a clean cut on with a rotary tool like a Dremel or good quality hand tools.

Lor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is the tiniest of bowing on the Front pane. But nowhere near as bad as what I have seen on a 750xxl. If I hold a straight edge up to the tank, there is about 1-2mm gap at the edge of the tank. Not noticeable and personally not worth worrying about.

thanks, im still debating waterbox or this.. the biggest win for me is the stand.

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s concerning have you talked to cade support about it?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back