fish addition

Manuel935

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a 210 gallon tank and cycled it, I bought it as an upgrade to my 75 gallon, i was wondering considering its already cycled and all if I put the old rock in the new tank if I can just transfer all my old fish over. If not I can do it little by little but just asking for different opinions.

KristyThao

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since it’s cycled it should be fine to start adding fish in there but also depends on your fish load. If you didn’t overstock your 75 then the fish load should be okay transferring into a 210 imo.

OP
OP
M

Manuel935

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heck yeah. Move some of the rock, sand, and water over to the new tank.

I added new sand to the tank so i wont be moving the old one, but I have 70 pounds of rock so Ill definitely get to it this weekend.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have corals on the rock in the 75?

Oscar’s25Gal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a 210 gallon tank and cycled it, I bought it as an upgrade to my 75 gallon, i was wondering considering its already cycled and all if I put the old rock in the new tank if I can just transfer all my old fish over. If not I can do it little by little but just asking for different opinions.
You should be able to transfer all of the fish if the 210 is fully cycled, however you might want to do it slowly, so if you had 6 fish you could do 3 this week and 3 the next, just so that you don't shock the bacteria in the tank. Otherwise you may get ammonia spikes.

OP
OP
M

Manuel935

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be able to transfer all of the fish if the 210 is fully cycled, however you might want to do it slowly, so if you had 6 fish you could do 3 this week and 3 the next, just so that you don't shock the bacteria in the tank. Otherwise you may get ammonia spikes.

yeah i agree, plus these fish mean a lot to me as I have put in a lot of work to make sure they are always healthy, and I really have no hurry to transfer them. Ill do it slowly.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 60 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 44 21.4%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 23 11.2%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 72 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back