Fish Aggression Question

Alex Cataldo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I had a question on whether or not two occelaris clownfish would go after two Bangaii cardinals in a 20 gallon long aquarium. The clowns are currently in the 20 gallon and the bangaii cardinals are in a 32 gallon Biocube. My main question is whether or not that if I introduce the cardinals to the clowns that are 1 year residents in the 20g that they will either fight or be territorial. Clowns are about 1 inch and the cardinals are roughly 1 1/2 inchs. There are also plenty of hiding spots in the 20g with live rock caves and overhangs

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I had a question on whether or not two occelaris clownfish would go after two Bangaii cardinals in a 20 gallon long aquarium. The clowns are currently in the 20 gallon and the bangaii cardinals are in a 32 gallon Biocube. My main question is whether or not that if I introduce the cardinals to the clowns that are 1 year residents in the 20g that they will either fight or be territorial. Clowns are about 1 inch and the cardinals are roughly 1 1/2 inchs. There are also plenty of hiding spots in the 20g with live rock caves and overhangs
They will most likely be territorial, IMHO the only fish that can be kept with two clowns in nanos have to be something that can defend itself.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, thats what I was thinking. I also want to mention that this will be very temporary, most likely under a week.
If it’s only for a few weeks it’s do-able then. It’s not possible in the long run though.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20 gallon Nano and I kept a pajama cardinal, a female clown, a tailspot blenny and a yellow watchman. No issues what so ever. As such, it really is the fish themselves and there is not hard and fast rule.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back