Fish and Treatment Guidelines (with chart)

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it should be, if the stressor is removed. (In this case, that may be the CP.) I wish I could guarantee it, but guarantees are hard to come by for me lately . . .

~Bruce

cody hendrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok yea cp is gone now. I'll have to use copper I guess. I wanted to stay away from copper but no such luck

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok yea cp is gone now. I'll have to use copper I guess. I wanted to stay away from copper but no such luck
It’s not so bad when you have a Hanna copper checked and a reliable copper product such as Copper Power! :)

cody hendrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not so bad when you have a Hanna copper checked and a reliable copper product such as Copper Power! :)
I have all of that it's just Wrasse are very sinssensi and I have over 1500 dollars worth of Wrasse in this qt tank.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have all of that it's just Wrasse are very sinssensi and I have over 1500 dollars worth of Wrasse in this qt tank.
Oh I’ve been there, and was currently until an infection took out the wrasse. Lost two supermale in two days. Believe me, I get it. It’s these gram negative bacterial infections that are killing me... hit in less than 24 hours and seem to be quite common.

cody hendrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. I just finished 2 weeks of furan2 metro and Kano. I don't play I treat for ick last most fish can handel ick for a while if they are eating. But bacterial infections kill way too fast. Hopefully now I can do copper and get them all in the dt. Once they are there I'll feel so much better

Talo’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a chestnut blenny (cirripectes castaneus) in QT right now. Blennies weren’t on the list above. I was hoping to use copper power. Do you foresee any issues?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a chestnut blenny (cirripectes castaneus) in QT right now. Blennies weren’t on the list above. I was hoping to use copper power. Do you foresee any issues?

Blennies are fine in copper IME.

cody hendrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used CP on bird Wrasse and broomtail wrasse?

#humblefish

Last edited:

cody hendrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not. I probably wouldn't risk it.

I have 3 lions 2 eels the two Wrasse a yellow Tang a panther grouper and a Marine betta.

Is there any way to treat them all in the same tank? I have already fw dipped them all and gave them a bath in reef rubby. They are in a qt tank together now. It was a fresh set up.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 lions 2 eels the two Wrasse a yellow Tang a panther grouper and a Marine betta.

Is there any way to treat them all in the same tank? I have already fw dipped them all and gave them a bath in reef rubby. They are in a qt tank together now. It was a fresh set up.

The lions and eels won't tolerate copper. The two wrasses may not tolerate Chloroquine. I don't see any way around NOT setting up two QTs for this, unless you wanna roll the dice on the wrasses + CP.

cody hendrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lions and eels won't tolerate copper. The two wrasses may not tolerate Chloroquine. I don't see any way around NOT setting up two QTs for this, unless you wanna roll the dice on the wrasses + CP.

Yea that's what I was thinking. The only problem is the broomtail is not small. He is about 7.5 inches. What's the smallest you think I can get away with for him. Could I use a big rubermaRub tote?

cody hendrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also how long will the dip and bath keep the symptoms at Bay for? Can I do another round? I really do not want to lose any of these fish.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea that's what I was thinking. The only problem is the broomtail is not small. He is about 7.5 inches. What's the smallest you think I can get away with for him. Could I use a big rubermaRub tote?

Something like this ought to do the trick: https://www.target.com/p/sterilite-...ge-bin-clear-with-gray-lid-29gal/-/A-14757117

Also how long will the dip and bath keep the symptoms at Bay for? Can I do another round? I really do not want to lose any of these fish.

Not long, if the fish are being put right back into an infected environment. 48 hours (for velvet), 72 hours (for ich) if placed in a sterile QT after the dip + bath.

cody hendrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks. I was just worried about tonight. I will get them set up tomorrow with all the right stuff. How fast do you think I can raise the copper for the to wrasse? Will copper be absorbed by the plastic of the tote?

Should I do another fw dip or bath before I start the CP and copper for the wrasse?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks. I was just worried about tonight. I will get them set up tomorrow with all the right stuff. How fast do you think I can raise the copper for the to wrasse? Will copper be absorbed by the plastic of the tote?

Should I do another fw dip or bath before I start the CP and copper for the wrasse?

If using chelated copper, you can drop him in @ 1.0ppm and then take 2-3 days to reach 1.5ppm.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back