Fish Ban

tylerczubachowski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Down the road i was looking to get a huge 250 custom gallon tank. I wanted to get a emperor angel (personally my favorite) and a bunch of tangs (purple, gem, sailfin, powder blue, clown, naso, achillies). What fish are included in the ban in hawaii? I do not want to get my hopes up and not be able to get something if you feel me. Is it just yellow tangs or is it other types?

I currently have a 24g soft reef tank with two clownfish to help get me started to the hobby so its not like im just jumping into a massive tank. Also if anyone has any stories /recommendations of custom tank places that take care of everything (fish,plumbing, accrylic, stand, and canopy), it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Gabe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Down the road i was looking to get a huge 250 custom gallon tank. I wanted to get a emperor angel (personally my favorite) and a bunch of tangs (purple, gem, sailfin, powder blue, clown, naso, achillies). What fish are included in the ban in hawaii? I do not want to get my hopes up and not be able to get something if you feel me. Is it just yellow tangs or is it other types?

I currently have a 24g soft reef tank with two clownfish to help get me started to the hobby so its not like im just jumping into a massive tank. Also if anyone has any stories /recommendations of custom tank places that take care of everything (fish,plumbing, accrylic, stand, and canopy), it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
https://reefbuilders.com/2021/01/21/top-10-classic-hawaiian-aquarium-fish/

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Thanks!
Of the fish you listed, only the Achilles is typically solely sourced from Hawaii. Time will tell if Achilles (and yellows) will eventually start to be collected more in the central Pacific in sufficient numbers to make up for this deficit. The real shame here is that Hawaiian sourced fishes have always been much sturdier than the same species from other regions.

Jay

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 119 42.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 96 34.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 43 15.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.8%
Back