Fish combo

  • Thread starter Thread starter will?
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

will?

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 17, 2024
Messages
178
Reaction score
74
Location
Queensland
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I'm really in need of a second opinion. I'm currently looking at purchasing two clarkii clownfish which I've wanted for a while, but I've only recently found a realistic price. I have no concern about them with the other, slightly larger fish, but will they kill my fanged blennies?
 
Clowns generally will leave anyone alone that stays out of their zone, once they decide where that is. I have never seen a clown chase a different type of fish broadly around a tank.
 
That's really good to hear. I've just been looking through posts about clarkii clownfish and everyone described them as super aggressive and will chase anything, but google also tells me that my tank should have collapsed six months ago. It's great to hear a more personal opinion and I really love these clowns.
 
That's really good to hear. I've just been looking through posts about clarkii clownfish and everyone described them as super aggressive and will chase anything, but google also tells me that my tank should have collapsed six months ago. It's great to hear a more personal opinion and I really love these clowns.
I think you should be fine - just don't want to add different types of clowns or more than a pair of the same.

I have a pair of maroons in my frag tank, they're gentle as can be despite the broad opinion that they are the spawn of satan. They even eat from my hands...
 
That's really good to hear. I've just been looking through posts about clarkii clownfish and everyone described them as super aggressive and will chase anything, but google also tells me that my tank should have collapsed six months ago. It's great to hear a more personal opinion and I really love these clowns.
Yup. Google is great and always helpful with the most useless information. :face-with-hand-over-mouth: I predict it will improve greatly with AI checking answers and promoting those that are good for business. Buy a new reef monitor to avoid the looming collapse. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:
 
This isnt an emergency. As for the question I think they will be fine. Never had any of my various clowns go after anything in the tank but the other clown
 
I added clowns to my tank and they never bothered the other inhabitants in the tank.
 
This isnt an emergency. As for the question I think they will be fine. Never had any of my various clowns go after anything in the tank but the other clown
Sorry, I placed it as an emergency because the clownfish are soon to sell out and I'm worried I won't find them this cheap again, I just needed go decide quickly so that I could buy them in time
 
Sorry, I placed it as an emergency because the clownfish are soon to sell out and I'm worried I won't find them this cheap again, I just needed go decide quickly so that I could buy them in time
Lol did you get them???
 
Ive go them on hold, but I'm struggling with the fairies stealing from my wallet, there's just nothing left in there. I think I can get them this weekend though, I'll keep you guys updated
 
Hey guys, I'm really in need of a second opinion. I'm currently looking at purchasing two clarkii clownfish which I've wanted for a while, but I've only recently found a realistic price. I have no concern about them with the other, slightly larger fish, but will they kill my fanged blennies?
It's a good idea but you should only add same pair.
 
I got them! They had some issues with my sailfin tang pair, but they're good now. Just waiting to see what tomorrow brings, but they seem well away from the aggressive stereotype and hopefully great additions to the tank. Sorry about the camera blur, they are a little hard to see.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20240609_171124.jpg
    IMG_20240609_171124.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 27
I got them! They had some issues with my sailfin tang pair, but they're good now. Just waiting to see what tomorrow brings, but they seem well away from the aggressive stereotype and hopefully great additions to the tank. Sorry about the camera blur, they are a little hard to see.
And thanks to everyone for the help
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new