Fish dying quickly

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would just suggest - before you use prime - check with the manufacturer - whether their testing is affected by prime.

ariellemermaid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just suggest - before you use prime - check with the manufacturer - whether their testing is affected by prime.
It’s not a bad idea to draw a sample before adding Prime to check ammonia. However, as far as I can tell, Salifert, Red Sea, and API all use Salicylate based ammonia tests and can be used just fine with Prime so long as you follow the directions (I.e don’t wait longer to take your reading than directed). I’m happy for someone to challenge me on this but googling each test seems to reveal they’re fine with Prime. However, I can only personally account for the API test. If you’ve managed to find some obscure test beyond the big 3, sure, you should put to put in the research time.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.2%
Back