Fish dying quickly

I would just suggest - before you use prime - check with the manufacturer - whether their testing is affected by prime.
 
I would just suggest - before you use prime - check with the manufacturer - whether their testing is affected by prime.
It’s not a bad idea to draw a sample before adding Prime to check ammonia. However, as far as I can tell, Salifert, Red Sea, and API all use Salicylate based ammonia tests and can be used just fine with Prime so long as you follow the directions (I.e don’t wait longer to take your reading than directed). I’m happy for someone to challenge me on this but googling each test seems to reveal they’re fine with Prime. However, I can only personally account for the API test. If you’ve managed to find some obscure test beyond the big 3, sure, you should put to put in the research time.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new