Fish Face-Off - Week 6

Who wins this Face-Off?

  • Flame Angel

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Bluethroat Trigger

    Votes: 12 48.0%

  • Total voters
    25
  • Poll closed .

sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 8, 2013
Messages
1,890
Reaction score
906
Location
Hartford County, CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after reading a few things about fish that are reef safe with "caution," I decided that this would be a good pairing.

I'd like to hear everyone's opinions on which fish would win in this Face-Off and why.

Here goes

The Flame Angel





VS

The Bluethroat Trigger

 
I have a flame angel that never nips at anything. I keep my fish well fed though
 
I love the look of the blue throat trigger.
 
Truth be told, I've never owned either fish but I just love the color of the Flame Angel. So vivid.
 
Love flame angels but the one i had died over night.
Never got another . Hard to see such a beautiful fish pass . Some day I'll get another I'm sure .
 
Have to go with the trigger. I feel they definitely have more personality. They look good and I believe they are a better reef safe fish.
 
When it comes to these 2 chooses, I would choose the blue throat because of his traits and would workl in my reef. The flame would not. Both are cool fish.
 
Love both fish, but had to go with the trigger.

<------ Hence the name

But I had a flame in my reef and he was great for a long time, until he wasn't anymore. Now he is in my fish only. My blue throat is great so far in my reef. Doesn't bother anything at all. Shrimp, crabs, snails, corals, all safe. I have a hunch he keeps putting this one crab into the top of a birdsnest every couple days for some reason. Haven't actually seen it, just a hunch. Very odd but I keep removing it and then it's back. Big tank for the sole hermit crab to keep finding the same awkward spot on his own though.
 
Bluejaw Trigger FTW very docile fish and does not bother any tank mates
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new