Fish food

scabbedwings616

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed all my tanks mysis shrimp and romaine lettuce. They devour it and love it all. I wanted to try and do pellets as well. How can you get it done. I’ve had an alligator gar that I hand fed shrimp and eventually got him off that and eating pellets. Do you do the same kind of thing.

Tiger Brown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of us use New Life Spectrum pellets and PE Mysis pellets from Piscine with good results. They both are small pellets. I would just throw a few in the tank and see what happens, you may not need to do any specific acclimation as they are high quality foods.

I alternate between Reef Frenzy frozen and flakes/pellets with no issues.

Big fan of Gars btw, never had one, but they are super cool!

OP
OP
scabbedwings616

scabbedwings616

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of us use New Life Spectrum pellets and PE Mysis pellets from Piscine with good results. They both are small pellets. I would just throw a few in the tank and see what happens, you may not need to do any specific acclimation as they are high quality foods.

I alternate between Reef Frenzy frozen and flakes/pellets with no issues.

Big fan of Gars btw, never had one, but they are super cool!
What kind of pellets? I have tangs, clowns, a swallowtail angel, blenny, and a few goby. 6 line wrasses.

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Omega One, New Life Spectrum, and Piscine Energetics all make pellets that my fish eat. The small or mini sizes seem to be eaten more so than the larger sizes. I use the eheim auto feeder to feed pellets twice a day.

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree on nori instead of lettuce.
New life spectrum is good stuff. Many fish prefer it once used to it. Put some in water with whatever frozen food you’r feeding to defrost so it picks up some of the frozen taste.
LRS frozen is some of the best stuff out there, imo.
Also can’t forget live food to keep immune system healthy. Live black worms and/or clams from seafood store a few times a week is good.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back