Fish for 60g SPS tank

Montrosereef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 24, 2012
Messages
407
Reaction score
35
Location
TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestions for fish in a 60g SPS tank? I have bright light and high flow for this tank and hope to find fish that like this type of environment.
 
+1 on wrasse and chromis...they like to school in fast current in my tank, no longer have them though, they are in a friends tank now
 
Beware of 6 line wrasse's aggresion. They are a neat fish but are very aggresive especialy towards other wrasse's.
Clowns are good, mandarin gobies are awesome if you have an established tank. Cardinalfish, firefish and otheer gobies, blennies are all great in a SPS tank. Wrasse's are good to but beware they are jumpers.
 
I have 2-6 lines,a yellow coris,and a flasher in my 150 sps dom and have no agression issues.
 
tomini tang. one of the very few tangs to keep in a 70, there on the shy side but they are awesome algae eaters.
 
I don't think you have too many choices other than clowns, chromis, fire gobies or cardinals. It's pretty much what I have in mine :)
 
I have a 60 sps dominated cube with quite a few fish in it that are all thriving and happy.
Pair of Helfrichi firefish
Pair of McCosker's Flasher
Pair of Carberryi Anthias
Pair of True percs
Pair of (Tiny)Potters angels.

And in quarantine I have a pair of Yasha Hase gobies waiting to go in.
Was planning on having a pair of midas blennies, but so far have been unsuccessful pairing them up.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new