Fish For Nuvo 20

Waffen06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had my Nuvo 20 running for about 7 months and here is my problem, I cant keep fish in it. First fish was a firefish, he was fine and I added a pistol shrimp/ymg pair. The ymg somehow jumped when the lid was off, he got replaced and within a week he passed. Next the firefish came up missing. I added a hi fin goby and him and the shrimp have been best buds for 3 months. Since then Ive lost 4 smaller clowns (both as pairs) and last weekend added a blue chromis, he was out swimming and when I looked the next morning he was almost completely buried in the sand by a rock.. think my pistol shrimp could be a killer? My fish in my larger reefer do just fine, use the same salt/rodi for both. The rock in the nuvo came from my larger tank. Parameters never seem off, just hate to keep losing fish, Id try something bigger as everything has been small but its not a large tank.

20200420_190626.jpg

gaki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might be your pistol shrimp. I'm not sure if your particular species does this, but in the wild, many pistol shrimps use their bigger claw like a, well... pistol to stun their prey. It's pretty cool to watch in slo-mo, but I guess not when it is happening to your own fish. If I were you, I would separate the pistol shrimp for a while (or even have your LFS hold it for you) and try more fish and see what the outcome is. If its the same result, then I got no clue.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 30 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.6%
Back