Fish Not Eating After Tank Change

reef aquatics 101

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2021
Messages
20
Reaction score
8
Location
California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help. I had a established tank with around 6 fish. I moved my tank yesterday to another spot in my house as I have a new tank coming in soon. I moved them to another location and now the fish wont eat. My blue and emporer angelfish ate but at first would spit out the food. My yellow tang and smaller blue are still not eating and the yellow eats and spits. Please help me out I had these guys for around a year. They ate like hell before i moved the tank.
 
I need help. I had a established tank with around 6 fish. I moved my tank yesterday to another spot in my house as I have a new tank coming in soon. I moved them to another location and now the fish wont eat. My blue and emporer angelfish ate but at first would spit out the food. My yellow tang and smaller blue are still not eating and the yellow eats and spits. Please help me out I had these guys for around a year. They ate like hell before i moved the tank.
Could be stress from the move but need more info
 
Is the moved stuff disturbed to a degree that it might not be as "cycled" as it was before? I'm guessing it's just stress though. To them it's as if they have been moved to a new tank.
 
If it helps, mature rocks have lots of natural food on them. Sometimes my clown of 10 years likes to go on hunger strikes for a week at a time (no idea why, and the food choice doesn't matter) but she always comes out of it fat. I know she hunts a lot for pods which are more than plentiful in my old tank.
 
100 gallons. I moved them to a garbage bin they were in there for around 5 hours i head heater air stones etc. I added some new water to the tank but not alot around 15 percent.
When you were taking the water out did you stir up the sand bed much and/or re use the sand? If you did either you could have disturbed a bunch of stuff in there. Just was thinking if it’s mostly old water that could be an issue. If not then I hope everyone here is right and it’s just the stress of moving.
 
I actually got rid of the sand when after moving the water.
If you didn’t stir up the sand while taking the water out and used new sand I don’t think there is anything wrong with that especially if you weren’t seeing issues prior. Hopefully just the stress then and once they settle in it’s all good. Happy new year and best of luck.
 
Aw great that they back eating again.

Good luck and enjoy ^_^
 
if I took a guess, Did you rinse out the brute can ? There is an odor and residue often from the can when new that could have leeched something into tank that disturbed them?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new