Fish or oddball invert ideas for a 2.5g

Bae1994

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 2, 2019
Messages
5
Reaction score
4
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've setup a 2.5g Pico tank as

And was wondering if there was any fish or oddball inverts that I could keep in it?
It will have Xenia and maybe a maxi mini anemone in with some other corals.

It is worth mentioning although it is only 2.5g of space (22cm x L 22cm x W 18.5cm) it is above my 13.5g reef and uses it as a sump so has 16g of water volume so will be pretty stable.

Any suggestions welcome

Cheers
 
Pom Pom Crab would be my choice, they are cool.
Could do a super small goby, that's about the only fish option.
 
I hadn't thought of pom pom crabs how many would you say? Or just the one?

I already have a clown goby and neon goby in the 13.5 so I don't want another one of them but I'm also not committed to having a fish, truth be told I only set it up because my Xenia was starting to take over and I didn't want to get rid of it.

And now it's there I thought it would be nice to have something in it.
Cheers
 
I only ever kept 1, I had it in my old 28g Nanocube and it was cool. Should see it a lot in that size tank.

They seem passive, may not work with other crabs or inverts, but don't hold me to that lol
 
I really like sexy shrimp but I already have a trio in the 13.5 so they are also out unfortunately.

Thank you though
 
I currently have a Geometric Pygmy Perchlet in my 2.5 G reef. Now you may think the tank would be too small but if it’s the only fish in the tank then I don’t see the problem. They don’t get bigger than 2 inches and are fairly cryptic and fun to watch.
 
Cheers for the suggestion I like the perchlet but I think it would look a bit out of place size wise for what I've got planned.

Cheers
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new