Fish Photo Actual ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dragon52
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 29, 2017
Messages
3,156
Reaction score
7,286
Location
Evans, Ga
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was doing a search for Blennys & found this picture that was listed as a Midas Blenny. I've never seen a Midas Blenny any color but yellow. Anyone seen one of these or is it wrongly described?

Blue Midas Blenny.jpg
 
They change color to mimic a specific Anthias. Presumably why their behavior is pretty different from most Ecsenius blennies.
 
That’s really cool looking. My lfs has a “black Midas” researching it turned out to be a tribal / black combtooth blenny
 
This colour change is normally temporary as they can change at will, normally reverting to yellow after a while.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new