nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
d7d47bb0cb809ddce54d52640f098127.jpg

Is this setup ok for qt? Its been 24hrs of water mixing, the sponges (in my sump) will be added dayafter. And the next day ill be getting fish. But before adding, ill mix cp in it.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@nanomania You're not worried about water getting splashed on those electrical outlets? :eek: [HASHTAG]#reefsquad[/HASHTAG] tell me if I'm overreacting here.

Last edited:

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you're overreacting at all @Humblefish. That would personally scare me to death. I would raise those outlets or at least provide some type of splash guard if you can't move them. Just my opinion.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup. I can just feel the electrical current running up my arm just looking at that. Please move them or cover them some how before you have a fire.

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well they are at least GFCI, only positive I see of them. They are very close and will be prone to any splashing. I agree with dbl and either raise them or create a splash guard.

Other option would be to get the outdoor covers for them.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@nanomania You're not worried about water getting splashed on those electrical outlets? :eek: [HASHTAG]#reefsquad[/HASHTAG] tell me if I'm overreacting here.
Lol.. i know, well iv bot a huge cardboard that will cover the back side. Also ill be making a diy netted top so fish doesnt jump out.. its this setup enough? Do i need to add or remove anything?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol.. i know, well iv bot a huge cardboard that will cover the back side. Also ill be making a diy netted top so fish doesnt jump out.. its this setup enough? Do i need to add or remove anything?

Major concern is eliminating all possibility that water could splash on those electrical outlets.

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Major concern is eliminating all possibility that water could splash on those electrical outlets.
There is a 12" gap between tank and those wires. Also iv placed a cardboard in the middle.. will post a pic tomorow..

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@nanomania That's better, at least the cardboard will deflect some of the water if it splashes on it. However, waterproof plastic sheeting would be even better. ;)

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@nanomania That's better, at least the cardboard will deflect some of the water if it splashes on it. However, waterproof plastic sheeting would be even better. ;)
Yes, i have 1 at home, will take it to my office n do it.. lol.. however im gona add fish tommorow, a pair of clowns OR a fire goby OR a yellow watchman..

The setup is good enough right? Gona add cp to tank while its acclimating.. planning to premix in a container using tank water, then add it.. incase any residue as ill be using the tablets..

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The setup is good enough right? Gona add cp to tank while its acclimating.. planning to premix in a container using tank water, then add it.. incase any residue as ill be using the tablets..

Looks good to me. I don't see a heater or thermometer, but I think you said that's not needed where you are due to the heat.

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good to me. I don't see a heater or thermometer, but I think you said that's not needed where you are due to the heat.
Yes its 40C here in mumbai... lol.. office has ac.. will attach a digi thermo too tomorow

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can The sponges used in qt/hospital tanks, go back to the main tank sump after using carbon or needs to be washed and dried before placing them back in the sump?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can The sponges used in qt/hospital tanks, go back to the main tank sump after using carbon or needs to be washed and dried before placing them back in the sump?

I would just throw them away. Never put anything (aside from a fish) from QT into the display. Just throw it away and get a new sponge.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just throw them away. Never put anything (aside from a fish) from QT into the display. Just throw it away and get a new sponge.

Or if you are going to reuse it, sterilize with bleach and then let the sponge air dry so any residuals evaporate.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.1%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back