Fish Recognition System article

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Article "Alphabet's X launches Tidal to automatically track and log fish behavior".

What potential do you see for the future uses of this technology? Do you think it would have any potential uses in a reef aquarium?

Edited to correct link.

Last edited:

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tidal leverages an underwater camera system and machine perception tools to “detect and interpret” fish behavior that may not be obvious to the human eye. The system monitors fish to look at how they eat, for example, while also collecting relevant environmental data, such as water temperature and oxygen levels.

OP
OP
Peace River

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It won't let me view it without subscribing! What does it say?

Sorry for the confusion - I have updated the link in the initial post to one that should now be viewable without a subscription.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Article "Alphabet's X launches Tidal to automatically track and log fish behavior".

What potential do you see for the future uses of this technology? Do you think it would have any potential uses in a reef aquarium?

Edited to correct link.
This is interesting but I guess they aren’t really tracking reef fishes which is what we generally keep - and don’t eat. I guess we could learn more about fish eating habits in general. I’d be interested in the aspect of how their eating behavior changes when they spawn. Perhaps this will help aquacultured fish breeders

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back