Fish Recover M

Lazydayz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm pretty sure my clownfish have velvet. I set up the hospital tank and copper will be here today to begin treatment. I have been reading a lot about the treat and @Humblefish stated that after treatment they will need medicated food to help heal and reduce risk of infection. In searching I came across Brightwell's fish recover M and was curious if that would be a viable option since it seems to be reef safe, or should I just stick with metro, focus and kanaplex? Thank you!

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You raise a very important issue during treatment for parasites with copper or CP. Your fish's immune system if being worked really hard. Adding vitamins to your fish's food is very important. In particular, Beta Glucan can be very helpful along with Selcon, Zoecon, Angelixir, etc. Here's a link to an article from Advanced Aquarist on Beta Glucan.

As far as using a wide spectrum antibiotic to help ward off bacterial infections, I like Spectrogram. Much easier to use than the "Trifecta"

OP
OP
Lazydayz

Lazydayz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You raise a very important issue during treatment for parasites with copper or CP. Your fish's immune system if being worked really hard. Adding vitamins to your fish's food is very important. In particular, Beta Glucan can be very helpful along with Selcon, Zoecon, Angelixir, etc. Here's a link to an article from Advanced Aquarist on Beta Glucan.

As far as using a wide spectrum antibiotic to help ward off bacterial infections, I like Spectrogram. Much easier to use than the "Trifecta"
Thank you, I'm definitely going to read through these tonight.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 89 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 55 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back