Fish Scenario Help!

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some help from all you people who know fish inside and out! I currently have a 58 gallon with a pair of Amphiprion ocellaris clowns, a bi color blenny, and a shrimp/shrimp goby combo. I am thinking about picking up a pair of black ocellaris clowns for the same tank. Would that be too much, and would it be a battle royal between any of the fish?!?!?!??

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, I would think maybe the clown pairs? But, nothing is impossible. One of the SWAM guys has a tank with several anenomes in it, and quite a few clowns- but they really don't share the anenomes- very territorial. WOuld you like me to call him and ask how they were introduces to the tank?
:D
Laurie

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! I asked him today how he did it, and his answer was really oddly interesting. He took the original clown pair out and put them in a different tank. when they established territory there, he bought the new ones, and then added the two pairs together in a 5 gallon bucket of tank water after QT. After an hour, he addded all six fish back into the old tank (and he said he moved the rocks with the anenomes on them).

They all established territory, and have been living there ever since. ANy new fish additions to that tank get killed almost summarily however, he said, because all the clowns gang up on the newcomer.

Hope that helped
LAurie

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a dang good question- I think from seeing it it's about a 75, standard. Has I think 4 anenomes? I know there is at least one BTA in there that one of the clown pairs also brush in besides the one they hosted in. IMO, he needs less fish and more zoanthids...

:D
Laurie

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back