Thoughts on adding clowns to my tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter ud56
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ud56

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2025
Messages
264
Reaction score
67
Location
nys
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 25g lagoon with a tail spot blenny,wheeler shrimp goby,purple fire fish and a yellow clown goby. Want to add a pair of clowns but thinking they would bully the fire fish. Wondering if one would be better. I’ve had clowns before but not a fire fish. Before anyone says anything I have to get at least 1 clown because I promised my wife. She misses one we had a long time ago. Here’s a picture of my rock work.

IMG_0564.jpeg
 
The only thing in my tank my single occelaris clown doesn’t get along with so far is my hand so that could work
 
my son has two clowns in a 55g with 4 fire fish m, two purple with no problems. I’ve personally not had a fire fish.
 
Last edited:
The only thing in my tank my single occelaris clown doesn’t get along with so far is my hand so that could work
What could work, 1 or 2
 
Personally speaking, I would not add anything else, but I don't like to stock heavy.

But I certainly wouldn't do a pair of clowns. Just a single.
Maybe you are right
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new