Holmzie123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, this is my first time starting a post but figured I'd look for some feedback on my reefing plan.

My current fish stock is 2 snowflake clowns, tanaka's pygmy wrasse, and a tailspot blenny. Plus a cleaner shrimp and small clean up crew. I plan on getting sexy shrimp and a goby. Possibly a pistol shrimp too depending upon the goby I choose. I'm leaning towards a yasha goby, but am considering the poor mans version of a high fin goby instead to save on some money and possibly make it a pair. If I didn't go with either of them then I would choose a yellow watchman or a Court Jester Goby. My sexy shrimp are the main centerpiece for me personally, so everything else needs to operate around them. I'm not too worried about the pristol shrimp predating on the sexy shrimps, but i'm open to hearing people's thoughts on that.

My main question for people is, what would you recommend for my goby choices? Yasha, Hi-Fin Red Banded Pair, Yellow Watchman, Court Jester Goby.

And yes I have some hard and soft corals and plan to add more. Tanks been up and running since late August. 32 Gallon All in one tank, no refugium.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Yellow Watchman Goby bonded quickly (a day or two) with my pistol shrimp (tiger, I believe), has been very healthy and entertaining. Gets a bit snippy when firefish or blenny come snooping around their cave too close but doesn't chase more than a few inches. And really, that's what it is supposed to do and part of the fun in watching the tank. The yellow is nice too for a change in a nano.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back