FISH SPAWNED AFTER ECLIPSE?

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did anyone experience their fish spawning after the eclipse? I have a pair of CB clowns that finally spawned this week (on the front glass). I didn't notice until Wednesday, but by the size of the eggs, they probably deposited them Monday night or early Tuesday?

Baldguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would assume a coincidence. Between the lights on your tank and the lights in your house the eclipse would have made no difference. Imo.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, coincidence. Would be a questionable evolutionary adaption if an eclipse were require to trigger breeding. Plus clowns are hardly particular about laying eggs.

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I realize that it was coincidence, but thought I would throw it out there to see if anyone else experienced the same. It's funny, but after being in this hobby for over 35 years, I never had a pair of clowns until now. They kinda remind me of hermit crabs, semi destructive, but always entertaining.

Crswogger3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an established 135 gallon reef and I am going to add a purple tang today and yesterday I caught out my sailfan and yellow tang and they are now in the sump how long should I keep the purple tang in the tank to establish its own territory and when I add the sailfin and yellow should I add a large temporary item such as a clean 1 gallon jug full of water floating in the tank? Just because the yellow and Sailfin tang are already used to the rock work and the layout of the tank.

Thanks, Christian

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Christian!

I don't know the answer to your tang compatibility question, though @4FordFamily might very well.

When you have a question like this, that really hasn't got very much to do with the topic of the thread, it might be best - in terms of getting the right eyes on it, and the answers you need, to start a new thread, rather than piggybacking on to an existing one.

~Bruce (who's guilty of similar transgressions . . . )

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep the tangs away for a week or so, add them both back at the same time. May still cause issues, as adding a single zebrasoma always can.

Going forward, I would have used a social acclimation box for the new tang if I was to try. My trios of zebrasoma are added concurrently.

Good luck!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 18.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 124 66.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.2%
Back