Fish stocking for IM Nuvo 20.

Fishcrisp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im done with cycling,i don't have any algea at moment so i haven't introduce any cuc yet. What fishes would be good at my tank. I thinking of keepikg some sps later on,so i want reef safe fishes. Thann you

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're quite limited for appropriate stock. www.nano-reef.com might be a good place to skim to see, lots of fusion 20's there.

When I had my fusion 20 running it was stocked with:

2x ocellaris clowns
1x golden yellow assessor
1x pinkstreak wrasse
1x tailspot blenny

The clowns long-term can create problems if they start being hosted, especially if they're mating. Other small nano appropriate fish can include:

Springer's damsel
Possum wrasse
Multitude of nano gobies (neon / red-head / greenbanded, shrimp goby, etc)

Kyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For reference, my two clowns are now in my 48" DT, and the anemone island they host in is basically off-limits to all other fish. a ~18" section of the tank will see anyone coming into it darted / pecked at. They are very aggressive since they started spawning a couple years ago, I wouldn't want them in the nano tank acting like that.

OP
OP
F

Fishcrisp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're quite limited for appropriate stock. www.nano-reef.com might be a good place to skim to see, lots of fusion 20's there.

When I had my fusion 20 running it was stocked with:

2x ocellaris clowns
1x golden yellow assessor
1x pinkstreak wrasse
1x tailspot blenny

The clowns long-term can create problems if they start being hosted, especially if they're mating. Other small nano appropriate fish can include:

Springer's damsel
Possum wrasse
Multitude of nano gobies (neon / red-head / greenbanded, shrimp goby, etc)

Can golden yellow assessor go in a 20 gallon? I was looking at LA and said tank size 30m

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed w @Kyl on the clown. I also have a Nuvo 20 with a purple firefish and a pink streaked wrasse. Wanted to get a yellow assessor but they are hard to come by, considered a Randell but want yellow or red color fish. Im most likely going with a yellow watchman and candy shrimp pair as the 3rd. My goal is 4 peaceful fish.

OP
OP
F

Fishcrisp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed w @Kyl on the clown. I also have a Nuvo 20 with a purple firefish and a pink streaked wrasse. Wanted to get a yellow assessor but they are hard to come by, considered a Randell but want yellow or red color fish. Im most likely going with a yellow watchman and candy shrimp pair as the 3rd. My goal is 4 peaceful fish.

Can golden yellow assessor live in a 20gallon? I read in LA needs a 30 gallon.

I also was looking at purple firefish but hear their jumpers. I have the lid that came with the tank,but i feel the holes are big for the fire fish to fit.

Kyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found LA to be pretty hit or miss on tank guidelines, and mostly don't trust it. The assessor mostly hangs out under things, kind of a reclusive fish. In my DT I won't see it that often unless it's feeding time. They also get a very dull gold colouring, not a vibrant yellow if you're thinking of picking one up for that.

Firefish in these tanks, I feel the small volumes makes them want to jump a lot more than being in a larger tank. Not that it can't work, I had a firefish in my 20 for a while, but it eventually jumped once too many times when I had the lid off to do a water change.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back