Fish stocking question

  • Thread starter Thread starter NE reefer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

NE reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 23, 2022
Messages
213
Reaction score
99
Location
Maine
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone
I recently upgraded my reef from 50 gallons into a 90 gallon system. While I know it’s going to take time for my fish to be comfortable I’m wondering if the vastness of the new tank and all the negative space I’ve created is prolonging the twitchy phase of my fish?
I’m planning on adding a Tomini tang soon but what is the least number of fish I should have in my system? Can tooooo few fish make them nervous?
Currently I have the following:
1x Adorned Wrasse
1x Marble Wrasse
2x clownfish

0049747D-FF5A-4148-A385-B9D6EBDC9118.jpeg 2FAAF3F8-AF87-419D-85E7-4DE77086C25D.jpeg 21171A29-E794-498C-88F8-6C82FE02409C.jpeg
 
Hello everyone
I recently upgraded my reef from 50 gallons into a 90 gallon system. While I know it’s going to take time for my fish to be comfortable I’m wondering if the vastness of the new tank and all the negative space I’ve created is prolonging the twitchy phase of my fish?
I’m planning on adding a Tomini tang soon but what is the least number of fish I should have in my system? Can tooooo few fish make them nervous?
Currently I have the following:
1x Adorned Wrasse
1x Marble Wrasse
2x clownfish

0049747D-FF5A-4148-A385-B9D6EBDC9118.jpeg 2FAAF3F8-AF87-419D-85E7-4DE77086C25D.jpeg 21171A29-E794-498C-88F8-6C82FE02409C.jpeg
Tank looks nice!
Don't worry about too few fish.
Worry only about too many fish.
They're adjusting to new surroundings/space. No worries.
 
Tank looks nice!
Don't worry about too few fish.
Worry only about too many fish.
They're adjusting to new surroundings/space. No worries.
This is very good advice! It is better to understock your tank than overstock
 
Tank looks nice!
Don't worry about too few fish.
Worry only about too many fish.
They're adjusting to new surroundings/space. No worries.
Thank you, it took a fair amount of micromanaging myself but it was fun. Take care
 
This is very good advice! It is better to understock your tank than overstock
Absolutely I’m running a simple system, with a large basement sump. My plan is to lightly stock with fish so I can better control water quality
 
Absolutely I’m running a simple system, with a large basement sump. My plan is to lightly stock with fish so I can better control water quality
Good plan :smiling-face:
Have fun.
 
Hello everyone
I recently upgraded my reef from 50 gallons into a 90 gallon system. While I know it’s going to take time for my fish to be comfortable I’m wondering if the vastness of the new tank and all the negative space I’ve created is prolonging the twitchy phase of my fish?
I’m planning on adding a Tomini tang soon but what is the least number of fish I should have in my system? Can tooooo few fish make them nervous?
Currently I have the following:
1x Adorned Wrasse
1x Marble Wrasse
2x clownfish

0049747D-FF5A-4148-A385-B9D6EBDC9118.jpeg 2FAAF3F8-AF87-419D-85E7-4DE77086C25D.jpeg 21171A29-E794-498C-88F8-6C82FE02409C.jpeg
Mine did that in my 300 for a while. They e started coming out more and are out and about now. You essentially destroyed their whole world and moved them to a whole different one! I would be scared too if I was a fish lol. Beautiful tank!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new