OP
OP
ReefOG311

ReefOG311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fairfield county, yes. I've been to 2 of those places. Got my clowns at Life Aquatic. Will check them out again.

EYE-CANDY AQUATICS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wet pets in Vernon is the best store for fish and corals in ct IMO. Donny the owner is a great guy and if he doesn’t have what you are looking for in the store he can order it very quickly. He gets almost all my buissness and he’s 45 minutes away. That should tell you how good it is

OP
OP
ReefOG311

ReefOG311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took a trip to House of Fins. Great friendly service, but WOW on pricing. Got myself a scooter blenny and yellow clown goby. Thanks all for suggestions

Brendan Caldwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
House of Fins.... Exotic Fish & Corals has gone to ****, was in there a couple days ago. Very disappointing sales floor. Probably my last visit.

Blitzie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shout out for Blakes Aqua Den in Meriden
They get regular shipment of Fish and on Black Friday I am guessing he sold a lot of stuff as the place was packed. At one point the packing lot was almost full and he was the only place open

Anyone aware that he will be expanding in the Near future. He is adding several new coral tanks.

hans1976

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about Puppy Center, Go Fish, Fintastics or Fin & Feathers?

Wait, I am dating myself, they are some of the many great stores that have closed.....

Lack of support most likely ended Kelley and CTFishstores. Running and paying for a website takes time and money.

JMetaxas

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who here remembers Marine Invertebrates in Milford, off Route 1. That was over 20 years ago. Nice guy ran it, who ended up passing away from a car accident.

JMetaxas

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who here remembers Marine Invertebrates in Milford, off Route 1. That was over 20 years ago. Nice guy ran it, who ended up passing away from a car accident.

OP
OP
ReefOG311

ReefOG311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Blake's was a bust. Did not like service or product knowledge.
Now I did make a trip to Rhode Island, I know not in CT, but well worth the mileage. OCEAN STATE AQUATICS...holy moly. Pricing was amazing, corals everywhere, great service. 5 stars!!

skip0211

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Charlie was the owner of Marine Inverts in Milford... he was a great guy. Had a party at the store after hours and drove off the road on the way home... real shame.. he’s not forgotten by many of us from the old days..

RIP Charlie..

Skydvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s the fish selection over at OSA?

I stopped there when they were first opening and I’ve seen them at a couple of coral shows, I know their coral selection and pricing is insane (good insane on the pricing, which is rare)

Looking for same smaller fish for a nano. Might have to make the trek out there next week.

Skydvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are heading north, Aquatic Wildlife is decent (better before the move livestock wise). The stock is healthy and the staff is decently knowledgable about what they caryy. It’s just not what it used to be.

Alex’s Advanced Aquatics is really good on pricing and he’ll work to get just about anything you want. The store is pretty small and he sells most of what he gets pretty quick, so it might not be worth going out of your way to get there on a whim. Worth the stop if you are driving by. If you call ahead, he can get what you need. He can match or beat BRS pricing on most items (factoring in shipping and taxes).

JMetaxas

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Charlie was the owner of Marine Inverts in Milford... he was a great guy. Had a party at the store after hours and drove off the road on the way home... real shame.. he’s not forgotten by many of us from the old days..

RIP Charlie..

I liked that guy. It was the early days of Reefing. Florida live rock was $10/lb. I used to see people come in after payday, buy a 10lb rock and drop a G-note.

VSVP bet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im from Stamford...

Fishbowl Pets in Stamford - Limited selection but always has great healthy fish, probably the most healthy Ive seen anywhere. Tony can order you anything...
Life Aquatic - Owner is Randy, he has good fish and frags, he just recently moved, once his operation is at full force again, will probably be better than ever.
House of Fins - I really like the staff and have good relationships with a few of the sales guys, expensive but quality, they get in the coolest colonies.
Greenwich Aquaria - Also have good relations with this store, always bring in frags for credit. Greenwich Aquaria had the best frags IMO.

White Monkey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a great experience every time I go to Max Reef Aquatics in Bridgeport which I noticed nobody has mentioned.

They've got a ton of options for used equipment. A large variety of fish and inverts. They'll special order stuff and maintain/build aquariums for their customers. They also have a really clean/ organized set up. Kevin there is a great guy.

Shout out to Wetpets in Vernon too. They're wonderful there. Steve is really a pleasure to talk to.

I'm not a big fan of Aquatic Wildlife CO, they can go kick rocks if you ask me. Bad attitudes, one big marine system, their fish are always sick and they're pricey.

I really enjoy Blake's Aqua Den too. Theyve got a couple staff that are really passionate about the hobby.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 28 22.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 89 71.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.0%
Back