Fish Stores?

ibob991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maxreef left a bad taste in my mouth when I would constantly ask them to order me in lrs frozen food and they would never have it in stock. Now I get it from wet pets and I recently spoke with Blake's and it's possible they will be able to carry it.

Skydvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reach out to Larry if you are having issues getting LRS at your LFS.
He’ll work with them to make sure they have it in stock and stock it properly. He knows how to work the supply chain so he isn’t missing out on sales.

I wish I knew about Max Reef last weekend. I was out that way and checked out a few stores.

I stopped at House of Fins. Man are they pricey. Good quality livestock, though the tanks are a bit crowded, which leads to some aggressive behaviors and shredded fins. I think the sales team works on commissions. I know their clientele is high end service contracts, the average reefer is not their typical customer. $75 for a single high fin goby is out of my price range when you can get mated pairs with a comensel shrimp for not much more than that. It was nice to see actual colonies for sale.

pjb9166

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+ 1 for Aqua Dreams. Chris is Awesome. Definitely on top of his game. Active in running his store with the hobbyist in mind. Checkout AD's monthly specials on their website. My to go to store especially for corals.

Emmons Tropical Fish in Simsbury. Can't say enough about them. I've been dealing with Steve since the early 80's. Recommend them for fish.

Both stores have successfully passed the test of time 20+ years. As for some of us more seasoned hobbyists "older" . We have seen so many stores close and fall to the waist side. Got to ask yourself why? Why can shops like the one's mentioned stay in business for So long?

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What part of CT you in? If you are in Fairfield county area, Exotic Fish and Corals in Milford CT, and Life Aquatic in New Canaan. Greenwich Aquaria and House of Fins both in Greenwich.

Stop on by Life Aquatic in New Canaan. I have a bunch of acro & monti & zoas and running out of room. Randy & I would love to see you; it is obviously a little quiet these days, with folks just "grab and go" for fish food.

Greenwich Aquaria has 15-20 of my pieces too.

And thank you for the shout out.
scott

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 38 27.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 66 48.2%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 13.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back