Fish swimming irritating corals

Qwknbad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a silly question, has anyone ever had to move corals due to fish swimming to close and irritating them. I have a Purple and Yellow tang that like to play catch me if you can, and I have a Duncan and torch in their path. The Torch and Duncan seem to recede a lot during the day. It's not like I don't have a lot of flow already, I have a 6 foot tank with 2 mp-60, and 2 mp-40, running reef crest around 90% all day. Those are the only 2 corals that seem irritated, but that is close to the patch the fish have designated their speedway. I'll try to catch them on video.
Parameters
sg 1.023
kh 9.3
ca 400
mg 1350
no3 6
po4 .02

Estonian Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, I had my tangs rub past some of my delicate LPS corals and I had to move them slightly. It almost seemed like they had a swimming path way and corals happened to be in the way if that makes any sense.

OP
OP
Qwknbad

Qwknbad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, I had my tangs rub past some of my delicate LPS corals and I had to move them slightly. It almost seemed like they had a swimming path way and corals happened to be in the way if that makes any sense.
It does make sense, The tangs are rambunctious when they get to chasing each other. I moved the torch up to my back wall in a quiet spot, it's a 24k and I really don't want to lose it.

OP
OP
Qwknbad

Qwknbad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does make sense, The tangs are rambunctious when they get to chasing each other. I moved the torch up to my back wall in a quiet spot, it's a 24k and I really don't want to lose it.
Yep, my clowns live in my hammer/frogspawn garden, but to their credit, they hang out underneath them, and not in the polyps.

Marquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing looking tank!
I've had some wrasses and clownfish that like to really stir up the sand which irritates some corals around but never anything like you're describing.

OP
OP
Qwknbad

Qwknbad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This happens all the time with my blenny's. They dart in and around the corals.
Ahhh, the Blenny, that an issue all it's own. I have a Bicolor that seems to like purple montipora, just the purple mind you. He takes a taste once in a while just to make sure he still likes it lol.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back