Fish swimming on sides

  • Thread starter Thread starter dmh41532
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dmh41532

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2015
Messages
505
Reaction score
188
Location
Naples, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning, I noticed my flame angels and oscellaris clowns swimming on their sides. The puffer( a blue spotted puffer) seems just fine, swimming like normal. Ammonia, nitrite are zero, and nitrate is about 5ppm. The skimmer was full and going crazy skimming. Do they ever release toxins into the water? I have water mixing so will do a water change later this afternoon when it’s ready
 
Can you share a picture of the fish in question with us? I'll move this over to the fish disease forum to get some expert eyes on it for you :)
 
This morning, I noticed my flame angels and oscellaris clowns swimming on their sides. The puffer( a blue spotted puffer) seems just fine, swimming like normal. Ammonia, nitrite are zero, and nitrate is about 5ppm. The skimmer was full and going crazy skimming. Do they ever release toxins into the water? I have water mixing so will do a water change later this afternoon when it’s ready
I don’t have a flame angel (although I love them lol), but I have two clown fish. When the lights are off they usually swim in a corner at the top of the tank on their sides. Did you happen to see this during lights off?
 
This morning, I noticed my flame angels and oscellaris clowns swimming on their sides. The puffer( a blue spotted puffer) seems just fine, swimming like normal. Ammonia, nitrite are zero, and nitrate is about 5ppm. The skimmer was full and going crazy skimming. Do they ever release toxins into the water? I have water mixing so will do a water change later this afternoon when it’s ready

I think a puffer may only release toxins upon death (not 100% sure though) but do you have any new additions to the tank? Anything changed?
 
I’ve been trying to get a picture up all day but we are having internet issues. The fish seem to be better after a water change, but the water is cloudy. So I’m going to keep an eye on all the fish and do a few more water changes
 
Cloudy water could be a bacteria bloom that could deplete the water of oxygen. Do you have something breaking the surface of the water?
 
Yeah, I think it is bacterial. It’s a white cloudy not green. I have the power heads pointing at the surface.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new