Fish time out

Edmund Y.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening!
I have a question about catching a fish and putting it in another tank for a few days and putting it back to the original tank.
It is for aggression issues. Will it still recognize the original surroundings once put back or will it be better off beimg in another tank?
Its a flame angel and a green wrasse
Thanks!

Aboynamedsous2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rearranging the rock work may help its supposed to disorient the fish. I would remove before doing so. Not an expert but I hope this helps.

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the aggressive fish and what is the affected fish? If you have the opportunity, just make a change of rocks in the aquascape and divide the tank to separate the aggressive fish, normally this is done with a kind of grid (I forgot the name). My recommendation is never to put fish in the sump as punishment, and this may be correct if you take care not to stress the fish so much and to offer shelter and a decent space, I have seen powder blue tangs punished in miserable spaces in the sump and that does much more harm than good, you can end up with a parasitic stress disease and no one wants that in their DT.

OP
OP
Edmund Y.

Edmund Y.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the aggressive fish and what is the affected fish? If you have the opportunity, just make a change of rocks in the aquascape and divide the tank to separate the aggressive fish, normally this is done with a kind of grid (I forgot the name). My recommendation is never to put fish in the sump as punishment, and this may be correct if you take care not to stress the fish so much and to offer shelter and a decent space, I have seen powder blue tangs punished in miserable spaces in the sump and that does much more harm than good, you can end up with a parasitic stress disease and no one wants that in their DT.
It’s a flame angel backing up a coral beauty into a corner and a green wrasse harrasing a pintail and leopard wrasse. I have an extra 20 gallon tank with no fish at this time.

ReefDragon420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening!
I have a question about catching a fish and putting it in another tank for a few days and putting it back to the original tank.
It is for aggression issues. Will it still recognize the original surroundings once put back or will it be better off beimg in another tank?
Its a flame angel and a green wrasse
Thanks!
Personally did the same thing with a two stripe damselfish, no amount of time made a difference. We removed it, within two days our fish were happier and one even healthier (had ich due to being picked on, 3rd day away from the aggressor he was better ) on the 5th day we put the punk back and almost immediately the color had changed on our sapphire damsel to a darker color and the other all started to hide. We did change the rockwork etc but it didn’t matter. We had to take the aggressive one back out. Good luck!

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a flame angel backing up a coral beauty into a corner and a green wrasse harrasing a pintail and leopard wrasse. I have an extra 20 gallon tank with no fish at this time.
Sorry for the late answer, you can use that 20 gallon tank to house them for a while, rearrange the aquascape, and let the other fish have a little rest. What capacity is the main tank? Working with angels is complicated, you need a tank with good space and skills to be able to mix them, they are quite aggressive with each other, but it's possible to make them work, you only need a couple of tricks.

Memisis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have put a few things in the sump for timeout.

First was all my hermits, they got a taste for snails and had to go. This was more than timeout. They got life without parole.

Second was my purple tang. He needed to take a chill when we put in our Regal Angel. Both are doing great now.

Right now we have a green target (spotted?) mandarin in the sump because he's picking on the new green mandarin we got. He's half the size.... dudes got a complex... sump will take care of that!

I have had great success putting fish in timeout so far! I asoo agree with the comments to move rock around. In my tank I dont have too many options but the timeout still worked.

The hardest part is catching the darn fish to put them in there.

Good luck!

OP
OP
Edmund Y.

Edmund Y.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the late answer, you can use that 20 gallon tank to house them for a while, rearrange the aquascape, and let the other fish have a little rest. What capacity is the main tank? Working with angels is complicated, you need a tank with good space and skills to be able to mix them, they are quite aggressive with each other, but it's possible to make them work, you only need a couple of tricks.
Tank is 125 gallon

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i used time out, by putting a grill in the tank and placing the aggressive fish behind it. Kept it in for several weeks. Told my grand kids, fish was in jail, because he misbehaved. One day the grill fell and fish escaped back in the main area. But it had stopped harassing the new fish and I removed the grill. The aggressive fish was a fourstriped Damsel. i think timeout can work.

Back