Fish Tournament: Anthias. Round 2, Vote 8

Blotchy Anthias or Ventralis Anthias?

  • Blotchy

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Ventralis

    Votes: 15 78.9%

  • Total voters
    19
  • Poll closed .

danenelsen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 14, 2022
Messages
1,581
Reaction score
7,184
Location
Dallas/Fort Worth
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reef2Reef! Welcome to the last vote in round two of the Anthias tournament! While selecting, the best overall fish should be voted for. Additionally, if you would like to be tagged, so that you won’t miss a vote, please let me know. Let’s do it!

Previous Winners:
Lyertail VS. Red Saddled
Randall’s VS. Dispar
Purple Queen VS. Evansi
Resplendent
VS. Stocky
Bimaculatus VS. Princess
Bartlett’s VS. Cherry
Squareback VS. Sunset

Blotchy Anthias (Odontanthias borbonius)
IMG_2299.jpeg


Ventralis Anthias (Pseudanthias ventralis)
IMG_2303.jpeg
 
Hello Reef2Reef! Welcome to the last vote in round two of the Anthias tournament! While selecting, the best overall fish should be voted for. Additionally, if you would like to be tagged, so that you won’t miss a vote, please let me know. Let’s do it!

Previous Winners:
Lyertail VS. Red Saddled
Randall’s VS. Dispar
Purple Queen VS. Evansi
Resplendent
VS. Stocky
Bimaculatus VS. Princess
Bartlett’s VS. Cherry
Squareback VS. Sunset

Blotchy Anthias (Odontanthias borbonius)
IMG_2299.jpeg


Ventralis Anthias (Pseudanthias ventralis)
IMG_2303.jpeg
I love both but a healthy blotchy is hard to beat
 
I’ve haven’t seen a ventralis before, I like it!
 
I like the blotchy! I have always been a fan of those kinds of anthias.
 
I have a feeling ventralis is going to win the entire thing. Could you please tag me?
I’d be surprised - Ventralis are nice but they’re still a basic anthias compared to others in the competition still.
If they go against another uncommon/common species they’ll likely win but some of the rarer species in the hobby you’ve not heard of could easily beat these guys.
 
I have a feeling ventralis is going to win the entire thing. Could you please tag me?
They have looked strong in their match-ups so far, so they’re pretty strong contenders right now! Of course I will tag you!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new