• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

danenelsen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody! Welcome to the third vote of the second round of the Large Angelfish tournament! We have two yellow(ish) Angels competing today. Who will come out on top? While selecting, the best overall fish should be chosen. Let’s do it! @Reefkeepers Archive

Previous Winners:
Maculosus VS. Blueface
Emperor
VS. Goldflake

Queen Angelfish (Holacanthus ciliaris)
IMG_2028.jpeg

Flagfin Angelfish (Apolemichthys trimaculatus)
IMG_1991.jpeg

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Queen is one of my top 3 large angel fish. I hope to have one someday when I get an appropriate size tank. My LFS gets them in as babies quite often and it so tempting to get one for my reef, but I hold off knowing it will quickly outgrow it.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody! Welcome to the third vote of the second round of the Large Angelfish tournament! We have two yellow(ish) Angels competing today. Who will come out on top? While selecting, the best overall fish should be chosen. Let’s do it! @Reefkeepers Archive

Previous Winners:
Maculosus VS. Blueface
Emperor
VS. Goldflake

Queen Angelfish (Holacanthus ciliaris)
IMG_2028.jpeg

Flagfin Angelfish (Apolemichthys trimaculatus)
IMG_1991.jpeg
I’m sorry, the flag fin has lost this… The Queen is a stunner and my LFS has a nice 4-5 inch one that I’d love if I didn’t only have a 4 (soon 5) foot tank.

DCR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is unfortunate that so many Queens fade in color in captivity like the picture in this post. If you have ever seen them while diving or snorkeling on a reef - they would easily win this contest. The blue/green/yellow scales just glow and are incredible to see.

OP
OP
danenelsen

danenelsen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is unfortunate that so many Queens fade in color in captivity like the picture in this post. If you have ever seen them while diving or snorkeling on a reef - they would easily win this contest. The blue/green/yellow scales just glow and are incredible to see.
Agreed. Queens in the wild are striking! It’s too bad that they just don’t look exactly the same in captivity.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 28 18.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 103 66.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.2%
Back