Fish Vet?

bruinreefer15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone here ever taken their fish/coral to a fish vet?

I have considered looking into someone who QT's fish professionally, as I have limited space. Wondering if any of these vets may offer that.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a no .... once tried to get a chloroquine phosphate prescription for ich and my vet looked at me like I had two heads.

gabrieltackitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone here ever taken their fish/coral to a fish vet?

I have considered looking into someone who QT's fish professionally, as I have limited space. Wondering if any of these vets may offer that.
I’ve actually thought about starting a service like that, something along the lines of have your order shipped to me, I’d do full
QT then ship to you. Or you pay me to go buy fish from my local stores, I QT then send you QTd fish.

Not too sure if this would be something people would be interested in?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are several services that QT fish for you. Using a Vet for a fish could be very cost prohibitive. However if a person has multiple thousands of dollars tied up in a fish or corals it could be useful.

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've taken my freshwater fish to the vet on several occasions. Helps if you live near a veterinary teaching hospital with an exotics program.

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a vet and can tell you that it is very unlikely you will find one that is set up to Q a fish for you. I've had many fish with problems brought to me over the years but that has always been for a diagnosis of a problem and a treatment recommendation to be done at home.
When I had my vet hospital and pet shop, I had a section in the pet shop devoted to saltwater fish/corals and I sold quarantined/TREATED fish. As someone else mentioned, you will be better off looking for a pet shop that sells quarantined fish. I'm a strong believer in treating fish for "all" possible parasites during quarantine....not just watching that they don't break out with some parasite (because they may be asymptomatic carriers just waiting to transmit something to other fish).

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back