OP
nayanjyoti2012

nayanjyoti2012

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
inverts generally put much less load on the biofilter than fish. That's not unusual.
Yeah. So in my case, what should I do? Should I put more rocks/sand/ceramic for added surface area for beneficial bacteria? By that can I atleast keep a pair of damsels along with existing inverts?

Or by 2nd option, upgrade to a slightly larger tank like 20 gallons?

Well actually the reason why you see I'm keeping such a small tank is because of budget and limited availability of resources in India. Most European and US products are imported with high costs. Hence I wanted to atleast keep my saltwater hobby alive by keeping a minimum system with water change as the primary maintenance and cost involved.

OP
OP
nayanjyoti2012

nayanjyoti2012

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your aquriam is basically too small, 10g is what majority breed copepods,
Yeah. So in my case, what should I do? Should I put more rocks/sand/ceramic for added surface area for beneficial bacteria? By that can I atleast keep a pair of damsels along with existing inverts?

Well actually the reason why you see I'm keeping such a small tank is because of budget and limited availability of resources in India. Most European and US products are imported with high costs. Hence I wanted to atleast keep my saltwater hobby alive by keeping a minimum system with water change as the primary maintenance and cost involved.

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add some live rock from an established system, wait a few weeks while continuing to feed your inverts, then add a pair of small clowns or damsels. Those will be your best bet for hardy, good looking fish with that size tank.

OP
OP
nayanjyoti2012

nayanjyoti2012

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add some live rock from an established system, wait a few weeks while containing to feed your inverts, then add a pair of small clowns or damsels. Those will be your best bet for hardy, good looking fish with that size tank.
Alrighty. That sounds perfect for now.
Appreciate all the help. Thanks

OP
OP
nayanjyoti2012

nayanjyoti2012

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I am sympathetic to budgetary restrictions, dead fish are also costly (and sad/cruel). Be patient and set your system up for success up front.
I'll surely follow this. I was really heartbroken with all the fishes dying. I feel bad really.
But better late than never I've learnt my lesson and so I decided to seek help from atleast a well known community.
Tried to seek help from my LFS, but he helped none.
But atleast I got all the responses from here. So thankful to yall

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Unfortunately in a 10g aquarium 2 clowns (occulrais) spieces is probably the maximum you could have.

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll surely follow this. I was really heartbroken with all the fishes dying. I feel bad really.
But better late than never I've learnt my lesson and so I decided to seek help from atleast a well known community.
Tried to seek help from my LFS, but he helped none.
But atleast I got all the responses from here. So thankful to yall
It will be the latter, literally :(

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 140 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back