Fishless cycling

Shadows Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this time around I want to do a fishless cycle with dry rock, I’ve seen a few products to help with this, one kit that caught my attention was the MICROBACTER DRY ROCK BACTERIA STARTER KIT from Brightwell, it comes with:
  1. Microbacter QuickCycl which is the ammonia additive to feed the bacteria.
  2. Microbacter Start XLM which is the bacterial additive to cycle the tank.
  3. Microbacter Clean which is another bacterial but for nutrient control so algae won’t grow as much.

I’m most likely going to buy this after I’m done writing this, but I’m curious has anyone else used this before or have any other better recommendations?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have used Microbacter 7 for a much slower (but effective) cycling. I recently talked with Jeremy from Brightwell at a recent show and was very impressed with his description of the new starter kit. I will definitely strongly consider this approach on my next tank - a lot of things to like including the Clean which helps you avoid the uglies.

OP
OP
Shadows Reef

Shadows Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I’ve used Clean before together with Brightwells Razor. I’ve never had a tanks glass be so clean before, this time around I will be trying vibrant as I’d rather dose one product ever other week then the clean and a Razor combined. If I remember correctly I believe I was dosing Razor like every other day

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back