'Fishy lawnmowers' help save Pacific corals

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
54,860
Reaction score
122,453
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can fish save coral reefs from dying? Researchers have found one case where fish have helped coral reefs to recover from cyclones and predators.

More...
 
I find this interesting because parrotfish are not strictly herbivores. In fact, coral is a large part of their diet!
 
I find this interesting because parrotfish are not strictly herbivores. In fact, coral is a large part of their diet!

Yep!

CJ
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new