Fizzle's Red Sea Max 250 Build

fizzlefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently picked up a RSM 250 in pretty ok condition for $200ish. This is replacing my current hoodless 32g biocube.

IMG-6095.jpg

I got it moved to where I wanted and started the process of swapping tanks. I will be using dry Aragonite. I wanted to keep it between 1-2inches deep. I picked up 45lbs but ended up using only 30 of it. After placing it in the tank i realized i forgot to rinse it and shoved it all back out to rinse. Started the process of making water and filling the tank. Finished up pretty late getting everything and everyone moved over. I will need some more rock which ill pick up this week. Looking to add dry rock in there.

Tested parameters today and everything is still looking ok. Prepping water for changes to come this weekend encase. The skimmer is not working, something with the impeller which is disappointing. Impeller being $70 and a new skimmer pump around $100 i will end up just buying a new pump.

IMG-6102.jpg
71511805450--56A9A9E6-5A28-44D9-AC3A-D44CA16285ED.jpg

OP
OP
F

fizzlefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small update.

I was able to get the original skimmer working with some parts I 3d printed. We now have skimmer and it is doing a pretty darn good job too.

I have to figure out the proper filter floss setup. This back chamber is big but I feel like the flow in the intended areas are quite low for media to go in there.

Girlfriend is already over being mad about the tank and ready for more coral and fish. She's the one not wanting to be patient now. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
F

fizzlefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Due to the small amount to rock I have in my tank I went for a decent amount of Matrix for the rear sump.

IMG_6112.jpeg

So far Nitrates and Ammonia are undetectable on my test kits. I am getting a bit of diatoms on the new substrate and new dead rock. Fish are happy, little bit of coral I have are happy. Snails are not doing well though. Not sure with them. Might be lack of things for them to eat.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 22.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back